Cover songs

Necromunchkin

Lord of the Whisky
Sep 21, 2002
Arizona
Visit site
It's dirty and reprehensible, but we love it nonetheless: that is, when our favorite bands cover other bands. I ask, if you would, to list your favorite cover songs. Preferably metal, but other genres are allowed if the covers rule. No order for mine, but some favorites are:

Nevermore- Silent Hedges/Double Dare (Orig Bauhaus): I like Bauhaus, and Nevermore do a terrific job covering both of these. Warrel really shines.
Emperor- Funeral Fog (orig Mayhem): In 1994, Mayhem ruled my world. But this song was never better than when Emperor took it over.
God Dethroned- Evil Dead (orig Death): the original is a death metal classic. But with Tony Laureno on drums, God Dethroned's version becomes a blasterpiece.
Iron Maiden - Cross Eyed Mary (orig Jethro Tull): hearing perhaps my favorite Tull song covered by Iron Maiden is just fucking awesome.
Witchery "Fast As A Shark": Accept was cheesy but I loved 'em. The Witchery cover of this song is fucking awesome.

That is all. Please, share you favorite covers

for the moment, these come to my mind:
nevermore- the sound of silence (simon &garfunkel)
anthrax- cowboy song (thin lizzy)
dream theater- tears (rush), hallowed be thy name (iron maiden)
amorphis- light my fire (the doors)
faith no more 'war pigs' (black sabbath)

Sanctuary - White Rabbit
Metal Church - Highway Star
and a lot of Fozzy songs. Jericho has a surprisingly dencent voice.

Here is my list:

Dream Theater - Hallowed By Thy Name (Orgi. Iron Maiden)
Emperor - A Fine Day To Die (Orgi. Bathory. But Emperor's version dosen't beat Bathory's)
Children of Bodom - Opps I Did it Again (Orgi. Britney Spears. Britney gets owned!)
Nevermore - The Sound of Silence

Hot-Zt4r said:
Here is my list:

Dream Theater - Hallowed By Thy Name (Orgi. Iron Maiden)
Emperor - A Fine Day To Die (Orgi. Bathory. But Emperor's version dosen't beat Bathory's)
Children of Bodom - Opps I Did it Again (Orgi. Britney Spears. Britney gets owned!)
Nevermore - The Sound of Silence

Britney owns not much, but CoB....even SHE owns them. Damn. :err:

Agalloch - Kneel to the Cross (Sol Invictus Cover) - while the first was excellent in its own genre, Agalloch made the song into a piece of metal awesomeness.
Blood Axis - The Hangman & The Papist (???), Seeker (Fire + Ice Cover) - I haven't heard the originals, but you gotta admit they kick ass.
Reverend Bizarre - Dunkelheit (Burzum Cover) - Burzum done Doom. 'nuff said.
Nokturnal Mortum - Thurisaz (Graveland Cover) - While the original is excellent, NM expands on the idea even greater. All of Nokturnal Mortum's cover songs are by a general rule, excellent.
Today Is The Day - Sabbath Bloody Sabbath (Black Sabbath cover) - cool cover that works well in the concept of the album it was found on

Children of Bodom - Opps, I Did it Again (Yes, I know, they butchered a Britney Spears song. Actually I'm about 95% sure its not real in the first place.)

whoa! Masie! whats up! :wave:

anyway id have to say Nevermore: Sound Of Silence owns
and hmm...oh yeah! Exodus doing Dirty Deeds (Done Dirt Cheap) by AC/DC! that was an ace cover!

try 'scarborough fair' by queensryche!!! YEAH ITS VERY GOOD ....10/10

ANY TRIBUTE'S ARE GREAT...AND INTERESTING

THE ABBA , METAL ONE IS GREAT ALSO

Mistress Masie said:
Kidney Thieves-Crazy

The Queen of almost Mean is back
I've misses Mis....
Hi sassy!!!
I must now put my CD on of the most cockey musician from Vancouver

Hello Time Bomb!!!

""If life's for the livid
Check me tomorrow