Your favorite cover song

RaptorGTA

Nov 1, 2003
PA,USA
www.angelfire.com
Ok...I dont know about any of you guys that are in a band...or well...instrumentalists...but what is your favorite song to jam too?..more or less a cover song..one you havent written..

For me, my favorite song is Iron Maidens "Fear of the Dark". That or maybe Master of Puppets by Metallica.....but Iron Maiden owns..I love playen their songs...Steve Harris is a god on bass.

whats your guys favorites?

Blimey, now that's a question. We don't really play covers anymore although we have messed around with Birth of the Wicked last year or so, just for fun and it suited me as i do some of the Iced Earth stuff as part of my warm up. In the long and distant past we've done Pull Me Under (DT), Get the Fuck Out, Monkey Business, Riot Act, Youth Gone Wild (Skid Row-a looong time ago) also Cowboys from Hell, Fucking Hostile (Pantera-also along time ago) Still we go (Helloween) various Maiden, Megadeth, Old metallica and more..the Skid Row was probably my favourite as it was very challenging...(Seb kicks ass :cool:)

We've done in the past Megadeth Skin o'my Teeth & five magics.Metallica for whom the bells toll.Iron Maiden Hallowed be thy name.Slayer Dead skin mask.We even did Machine Head A thousand lies.You had to do covers to fill out long sets but sometimes you pick a song and it just doesn't work in rehearsals.These were played along time a go and we have alot more material now but its always good fun to play the stuff that got you interested in the first place.I don't know what we would play now though ....

I've become addicted to the intro of Layla...you can impress anyone playing that on guitar :D Desert Plains by Judas Priest, for some reason, feels very rewarding to play, as is Living After Midnight. Total Eclipse by Iron Maiden too, love playing that...

On bass, it has to be Phantom Of The Opera by the mighty Maiden. When I hacked that one, everything else paled in comparison :p

Oh man....Layla kicks complete ass.

I would love to hear Intense play some Maiden or Dream Theater...that would kick ass!

Now The Clairvoyant by Iron Maiden...thats one song on the bass i have not mastered...mainly because i dont often play with my figures...and doing that dead note it tricky for me...but im getting it..hehe

dave-intense said:
Layla -now your talking,Clapton is one of my favourite guitarists.
Isn't it so, like...you play that riff and just feel like you're made of gold? There's omething about it which is just so rewarding to tear out...

I used to be a massive Clapton fan when I was 13...then I discovered Iron Maiden and everything went to shit :p

If we are talking Maiden i think i'd go for something from the first album which is my favourite.Though there are classics to be found on all their albums....for example Wrathchild (killers)or the "live after death"version of Revelations.

yeah...the "Live after Death" version of Revelations was aweosme...thats how rthey played it at their last show it pittsburgh..I was flipping out....i havnt touched anything from their older cd's..though Ive been wanting to learn the drum/bass solo in the song Iron Maiden...just havnt had time for it yet....

At the same time we were doing 'Birth Of The Wicked', we were also playing around with 'The Evil That Men Do'. We've not actually played it live - but who's to say it won't turn up in a setlist somewhere along the line...

Power Quest have mucked around with "Can I play with Madness" in the rehearsal room and it nearly made the live set for the recent tour. Personally I like jamming with Symphony X's "V" album and have been known to have the odd Nightwish moment too

Power Quest?!...man i would love to see you guys live doing a Maiden song....and well..your songs as well...lol....

Ive never heard anyone cover Symphony X..course ferw people around here ever heard of them in the first place....grr

My band just got back from playen a show...hehe we did Fear of the Dark and Master of Puppets..and the crowd was going insane...hehe... sometimes acouple of cover song can get a crowd going...

Ayeka said:
On bass, it has to be Phantom Of The Opera by the mighty Maiden. When I hacked that one, everything else paled in comparison :p

Same thing for me! We covered this song with my previous band and it was so good to play the bass part, especially after the brek when the bass comes back alone :D