Name your favorite intros

I'm a sucker for an epic sounding album or song intro. Two of my favorite intros are Overture and Sarajevo, which lead up to Savatage's This Is The Time. The intro to Blackjack Guillotine is also another personal favorite of mine.

Name some of your favorites.

The intro to "The God Thing" CD by Vanden Plas comes immediately to mind. I believe the track is called "Fire Blossom," IIRC, but I don't have the disc on me right now. Killer intro.

Also have to give it up for "!", which is the intro to Pain of Salvation's "Entropia" CD.

Craig

I think album intros are lame as a general rule... however, every one that Savatage (and side projects) have done is awesome.

OPERATION MINDCRIME - ANARYCHY X
SEVENTH SON OF A SEVENTH SON - BEGINNING OF MOONCHILD
EMPEROR: ANTHEMS TO THE WELKIN AT DUSK - Alsvartr (The Oath) , seriously, listen almost the ending of the intro track after Isahn says "I am,...the Emperor!!!"

As far as songs go,

The first 1:30 of Orphaned Land's Mabool and the first 1:40 of Dream Theater's Finally Free. I can listen to this one all day.

Almost all the intros to the songs on Ressurection's Embalmed Existence
resurrection1.jpg

My favorite being: "I sit in my home eating human waste, and drinking the urine from my dog... I feel insane when I do this. But I LIKE it!"

And also, the intro to Shadows That Move by Mastodon. It's a sample from One Flew Over The Cuckoo's nest. It's so energetic and enthralling that it makes a powerful intro to a song.

"I'm not just talking about my wife, I'm talking about my LIFE, I can't seem to get that through to you. I'm not just talking about one person, I'm talking about everybody. I'm talking about form. I'm talking about content. I'm talking about interrelationships. I'm talking about God, the devil, Heaven, Hell. Do you understand... FINALLY? "