Most Epic Intro of All Time

AngraRULES

Aug 1, 2002
Visit site
So, close to the other thread recently opener (best 1-2s of metal), which song has the most epic, exciting intro of all time?

I personally think nothing beats this:

What's YOUR favorite?

Last edited by a moderator:
Say what you will about them, but Dimmu definitely has some of the best intros.

Mine isn't that much of a surprise...

I've always loved "The Beginning" by Motley Crue right before "Shout At The Devil".When I hear it on any internet station,they never play The Beginning,just Shout.I realize,technically it's 2 tracks on the album,but I always considered it part of Shout

Actually, even though I don't really listen to Dimmu much, I think that the actual uncensored video for that song is the most metal video I've ever seen. I mean, there is absolutely nothing in the video that isn't metal. Work of art.

Actually, even though I don't really listen to Dimmu much, I think that the actual uncensored video for that song is the most metal video I've ever seen. I mean, there is absolutely nothing in the video that isn't metal. Work of art.

I must admit that video made me a little squeamish the first time I saw it. :lol:

Ok. I'll play. I've always been enamoured by Ayreon's Into The Black Hole. I prefer the version on Ayreonauts Only with Damien Wilson singing. It's short but it definitely helps build up the song.

"Progenies" was THE song that popped into my head when I saw the thread title. It makes a good opening song for WREKage and I've used it pretty often for that...most recently, two weeks ago. :)

I've always loved "The Beginning" by Motley Crue right before "Shout At The Devil".When I hear it on any internet station,they never play The Beginning,just Shout.I realize,technically it's 2 tracks on the album,but I always considered it part of Shout

This. Sirius/XM played both songs together, as they should be, last week, and I suddenly realized where I'd heard the phrase "ashes of dreams and blood-stained streets" before. Really awesome intro.

I remember seeing the vid and thinking "Woah! SOMEONE spent some money on this!" :lol:

This is very easy. The citing of scripture from the Book of Revelation at the beginning of The Number of the Beast. Who didn't feel the hair on the back of their neck stand the first time they heard it?

I know this probably doesn't count in the context of this thread but the Rush 2112 Overture leading into The Temples Of Syrinx is my favorite 1-2 of all time........

I call it a kick instead of an intro. AngraRULES got the band right but imo the best kick in all of heavy metal is Dimmu's "Hybrid Stigmata" rather than Progenies.