Most Epic album?

One of these:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Opeth - Morningrise
Edge of Sanity - Crimson
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Nirvana - Live and Unplugged in New York
The Who - Tommy

Please no flames. If you have a problem or question, please respond. :)

Most epic albums i've ever heard:

Opeth - Blackwater Park
Green Carnation - Light of day, Day of darkness
Pink Floyd - Animals
Ayreon (or those who are members of) - Star One
Tobias Sammet - Avantasia

all of these albums are nothing short of kick ass!

Rush- Hemispheres has been mentioned once before. It is a classic piece of bass playing virtuosity together with Peart's intellectual lyrics.

Emperor-Anthems sort of defines epic I think.

Queensryche-Mindcrime. Surely one of the most oppressive albums ever recorded.

Led Zeppelin- If anyone has the new DVD check out Achilles and In My Time of Dying. Awesome stuff.

Deep Purple- Child In Time. Well perhaps one of the first epics, that featured that crazy solo by Blackmore and those screams by Gillan. An absolute classic.

Yes-Gates of Delirium.

Immortal-Sons Of Northern Darkness. My black metal favourite child. This is just great stuff.

Manowar- Mmm...Maybe The Dark Avenger off that first slice of supreme cheese- Battle Hymns. Very open to debate that one.

Morbid Angel- Chapel Of Ghouls off Altars Of Madness (Surely the greatest album title in Death metal histoty) - Morbid Angel at times sounds incredibly epic and no more such then on the mid song breakdown in this song. Most of Blessed Are The Sick sounds epic as well.

Entombed- Clandestine... Death metal Swedish epic style

I could go on......l

EVERY Opeth album...
Rush-Permanent Waves and Hemispheres
Type O Negative-October Rust and Slow Deep and Hard
Dream Theater-Falling into Infinity and Images and Words
Pink Floyd-Animals
Porcupine Tree-Stupid Dream
Nile-In Their Darkest Shrines
Tool-AEnima

I'm sorry but I don't know how "Anthems" was listed because you NEVER hear the vocals. The music is awesome,no doubt, but the vocals arent even recorded. I would love for someone to argue that too. If it were just music being discussed then I would have listed LTE.

I don't understand what do you mean about the vocals? They are pretty good , Ihsahn is a very good vocalist (for black-metal of course).
Anthems is one of those albums you cannot describe with the words.

Thats pretty sad when you say he is a good vocalist for black metal. Whoever has listen to it can't honestly say the vocals can be heard. The music is absolutely awesome but the vocal thing is almost unbelievable! I'm not one to care about vocals much anyway but that seriously gets to me on that album. The later Emperor albums sound alot better than the earlier ones.

FNM-TheRealThing.jpg

epicest album EVER

Out of all of Opeth's albums, Still Life has to be the most epic. It's also my favorite. Next comes MAYH, then Morningrise, then Deliverance, and Orchid, Blackwater Park, and Damnation.

Someone should tell Draken that without white people listening to "black people music", metal wouldn't even exist.

I don't think I saw anyone mention it yet, so I'll cite Negura Bunget's "'n Crugu Bradului" as an epic album. It's a concept album, about 55 minutes long with 4 tracks. When they use a riff they last used 20 minutes ago two tracks later, the effect is very cool.

Amon Amarth - Versus The World
Bal-Sagoth - Atlantis Ascendent
Blind Guardian...
Deep - Glimmer
Demons & Wizards - Self Titled
Iced Earth...
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Rhapsody...

Iron maiden- Powerslave
Green Carnation- light of day , day of darkness ( 1-song ,60 minutes)

Eternal_Decadent said:
Iron maiden- Powerslave
Green Carnation- light of day , day of darkness ( 1-song ,60 minutes)

Immortal - Heart of Winter

Faith No More's Real Thing. Whoever said that was awfully clever. It has the hit song, "Epic."

Opeth's Still Life feels pretty epic to me.

The ultimate would be Dream theater's Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence. Hoo-ah!