Animals PF

Static

Manically depressed robot
May 5, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
This is a bit un-Opeth related, but I just acquired Animals by Pink Floyd: MY GOD! This is one of the best albums I have ever heard! I like it even more than The Wall. Do any Pink Floyd fans on this forum think Animals is as good as The Wall, I think its better. Its so underrated, Animals has really long epic songs, that are really progressive, an awesome concept (although I;ve seen it criticised), and it has so much contempt and malice towards mankind. Much more so than the wall.

Standouts - Pigs (3 different ones) - This song rules!! My favourite, its pretty long, a bit drawn out, but its so groovy and its the most malice filled song. That solo at the end! bliss, makes me want to be on acid so I can listen to it the way it was meant to be.

Dogs - Quite different from Pigs, longer and more drawn out, very etheral and spacey. Its mid-section is a bit too long and uneventful, but the verse is so cool, the playing amazing, and I love the lyrics and epic psychadelic feel.

Sorry to go on, but I haven't enjoyed an album as much as this in a long time. I understand that Opeth fans should be likely to enjoy Pink Floyd, I reckon they rule.

Ps. Whats your favourite album?

Yah ... the wall is so bloody overrated ...and most of the people that hype it up only know "another brick in the wall part 2" from it (don't get me wrong....it's still a masterpiece!) . my personal favorite is "wish you were here" and i like all of the psychadelic stuff earlier stuff as well...dark side of the moon was also great ....lol...come to think of it, there isn't a release by PF that i dislike!

Animals
Meddle
Wish You Were Here
Saucerful Of Secrets
Piper At The Gates Of Dawn
The Final Cut
Obscured By Clouds
Atom Heart Mother

What do all these albums have in common? They're all miles ahead of those overrated shitheaps known as The Wall and DSOTM.

Demonspell
What do all these albums have in common? They're all miles ahead of those overrated shitheaps known as The Wall and DSOTM.

:lol: My favorite album: Meddle

"One of these days... I'm gonna cut you into little PIECES!"

i have no faves in the pf discography: every title is great, and represents a world on its own. i've got all the official albums, and yes, animals is an incredible album, i should say.

the cover, and the atmosphere of the photos, are so obscure...

definitely a masterpiece, that no one else could have ever written, this is my opinion.

Agreed, Animals is very underrated but brilliant. I don't dislike any PF releases other than maybe The Division Bell, which I haven't really given a chance yet.

Animals is just a great concept and a great finished product. I think I'll give it a go tonight. This also reminds me of the Animals shirt I want to get.

In my view A Momentary Lapse in Reason was exactly that, a lack of reason of behalf of the remaining Pink Floyd members, I thought it sucked! It had such a bad UB40 or what have you cheesy 80s vibe going.

The Division Bell was heaps better, Keep Talking and High Hopes are classic songs. The Wall is probly overrated, but I still think its a masterpiece. I wasn't implying myself its too overrated, because it is brilliant, it just stinks how it overshadows what I see as better albums such as Animals and Meddle. I didn't like The Final Cut though.

On a COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC note

I've just recently heard a lot of old metallica, I'm so depressed about what happened to their music, their old stuff is so goddamn good. Just thought I'd add that, it happened to Pink Floyd to an extent as well.

Originally posted by Kushantaiidan
I'm yet to actually hear any Pink Floyd.

Dude! You should be shot!!! Pink Floyd CANT be hard to find, just buy the cd's, you wont be let down. All PF albums have their own special thing. Even Division Bell has some awesome shit on it.

btw, Dark Side of the Moon is not overrated! Its that damn good!