What sux about Damnation:

Ra-kot

Nov 17, 2002
Visit site
ITS TOO SHORT, around 40min- not opeth typical. :(
I just WANT MORE OF THIS STUFF....

But else the albom totaly OWNZ.
"In my time of need" Vocals are totally Mindblowing.
The progressive "pink floyd" parts are just amazing.
Its just sux its so short...the time drifts away quick while listening.

BTW: obvious i also DL the leaked version...well now many of us have it...but still= BUY the albom. Support Opeth.

if they are going to release some special ed stuff of damnation , i sure hope they release that first. it`s so irritating with special ed`s released after the first release. like bwp special ed.

jeanreno said:
Which I can't find anywhere dammit.
Try e-bay... I just scored a mint copy last week! :cool:

On the subject of DAMNATION being too short, quality over quantity my friend. Yeah, I know that it's better to have both (as the case has been with all of the other albums Opeth has released), but as long as the music's good and is at a reasonable length, I'm not complaining...

The more I listen to this CD, the more I say it blows away Deliverance. It's just really intense in its forum...really cool album!

When I first heard Deliverance, it failed to "grab" me as BWP did, but this one grabbed me from the first chord.

Granted, Deliverance is a great CD, but Damnation seems to have a bit more substance for me.

yeh, i must say 'wreath' grabbed me when i first heard deliverance, but apart from that it wasnt anything special. damnation totally rules tho.. i downloaded it yes (obviously), but i have already pre-ordered it from amazon, and if there is a special edition ill get that too. i have both BWP versions...

The funny thing is that when the album is actually released and the bands wants to know people's comments on it they'll have to scroll lots of pages back since everyone got it ahead of time

personally, i love the album. i didn't feel it was too short, but I would have loved it longer (oo er! :p)

well done to Opeth for a job well done :p

/me pats opeth on the back :)