Most Epic album?

Opeth:
Still Life
My Arms, Your Hearse

Queensryche:
Operation Mindcrime.

A beautiful, epic storytelling album, one of the best albums ever! Although Queensryche are not even in my top ten bands. It's just sooooo fucking amazing, I still can't believe it!

Bambi.. that Underwater Love song by Faith No More on that album is so awesome. Fa la la la. It gets me in a good mood.

Its weird...in a 5 page thread on the topic of "epic albums"...only one person has mentioned "Tales from the topographic oceans" by YES.
With only four songs, but each clocking in at a minimum of 18 minutes...its in my opinion the most epic album ever created. Endless soundscapes, emotion, mood, atmosphere...composed by some of the most talented musicians in rock history. This may not be their best album...but its certainly their most elaborate...and in my opinion the most epic album ever created.

Bambi said:
FNM-TheRealThing.jpg

epicest album EVER

Angel Dust is much better than The Real Thing ^_~

You know, I see a lot of people saying Morningrise... but I just don't consider it very epic at all. Musically its gorgeous, but its certainly not epic, mostly consisting of new age ramblings about forests for the most part.

most epic opeth album would be Still life or MAYH surely... in terms of music, concept and 'entirety'.

most epic albums -ever-? thats a bitch.

I'd have to say.... Virtual XI by Iron Maiden.

'the angel and the gambler' practically has me in tears ever time I listen to it.

:loco:

Iced earth - something wicked this way comes
Dark Tranquillity - damage done (different kind of epic!)
Death - SOP or ITP or symbolic
Edge of sanity - crimson I and II
Maiden - Seventh son (hehe)