• Ride The Lightning

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Master Of Puppets

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • ...And Justice For All

Votes: 21 30.0%
  • Metallica

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Any piece of shit that came out after Black.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
What is your favorite Metallica album?

Their first 4 albums are phenominal. It's such a close call for me between Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets but I think I gotta go with Master of Puppets.

Originally posted by TheGraveDigger
What is your favorite Metallica album?

Their first 4 albums are phenominal. It's such a close call for me between Ride The Lightning and Master of Puppets but I think I gotta go with Master of Puppets.

I would agree that the first three & then their 5th are my favorites.
Everything after the Black record are mixed bags with 2-3 fair tracks on each. I have a feeling that their next one will be a heavy one. Anyone have any news on thier bass player auditions? I have a feeling it will be Joey Vera. He didn't make it the last time, this time he'll get the gig.

My faves:

1. Ride The Lightning
2. Kill 'Em All
3. ...And Justice For All
4. Metallica
5. Master Of Puppets

And everything after Black can go to hell. Alternative rock sucks.

After MOP, AJFA was a big disappointment. The sound is dry as a bone and half the tracks bore the hell out of me (esp. Shortest Straw & To Live Is To Die). I even think One is over-rated.

The way they sold out later on was frightening.

Master of Puppers has one of the best riffs ever done by humans. So my vote goes for it. The new album of Metallica shall be influenced by bands like Entombed and Messhuggah seems that's what Kirk Hammet sayd

For me there's no contest, Fade to Black will always be the song that lead me into metal. I think you should be clear on my vote now.

Ride The Lightning.

"Master of Puppets" HANDS DOWN for me. Though, "Fade to Black" has a supremely special place in my heart. Anything after the "Black" album can take a hike...I am embarressed to say that I own "Load"......UGH.........MAJOR disappointment except for maybe one track...I highly doubt that Metallica will peak my interest ever again.

Kill em All
Great debut and remains my favorite, as Metallicas songs got longer and more complex in later ablums they lost all the magic of Kill em All. Albums like AJFA are overly complex and lose all dramatic impact and instead become booring technical exercise with no lasting appeal.

MOP was last great CD but even here the trends that will be thier downfall surface to be fully exposed on AJFA. My rankngs:
1)Kill em All
2)Ride the Lightning
3)Master of Puppets
4)Couple of songs from Black album

After MOP forget Metallica and switch over to Megadeath as they were putting out prime albums while Metallica was in decline.