NEVERMORE Completes Recording New Album - Oct. 21, 2009

buzz21

Medicated
May 4, 2003
San Diego, CA
www.mpp.org
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=129081

Seattle metallers NEVERMORE have finished recording their new album, "The Obsidian Conspiracy", for an early 2010 release via Century Media Records.

The drum tracks for "The Obsidian Conspiracy" were completed in the group's hometown of Seattle with SOILWORK guitarist Peter Wichers, who previously worked with NEVERMORE's Warrel Dane on the singer's solo debut, "Praises to the War Machine". Longtime friend and collaborator Andy Sneap (MEGADETH, ARCH ENEMY, EXODUS, MACHINE HEAD) will once again be handling mixing duties.

The following songs (among others) were laid down during the recording sessions for the follow-up to 2005's "This Godless Endeavor":

* "Emptiness Unobstructed"
* "Without Morals"
* "And The Maiden Spoke"
* "Termination Proclamation"
* "The Obsidian Conspiracy"
* "The Blue Marble and the New Soul"
* "She Comes in Colors"
* "The Day You Built The Wall"
* "Poison Throne"
* "Beautiful Mistake"
* "Crystal Ship" (THE DOORS cover)
* "Transmission" (THE TEA PARTY cover)

According to Dane, the song "And The Maiden Spoke" "is going to blow your minds; it's twisted, progressive lunatic fringe riffing with vicious hooklines."

He added: "These songs are full of newfound rage, lyrically and musically. Jeff Loomis has come up with some amazing new riffs that will no doubt please old and new fans alike. Also, I think the combination of Peter and Andy will result in something very, very special."

The German edition of Metal Hammer magazine conducted an interview with Jeff Loomis at this year's Wacken Open Air festival, which was held July 30 - August 1, 2009 in Wacken, Germany. The chat can now be viewed at this location.

When asked if his instrumental solo album, "Zero Order Phase" (which was released in September 2008 through Century Media Records), affected the musical direction of the new NEVERMORE material, Loomis replied, "I wanted to do an instrumental CD for so long, just because I'm a fan of that style of music, and I finally had that opportunity. But I think that with the new NEVERMORE, it still sounds like the band, but I think I'm giving Warrel [Dane, vocals] a little bit more room this time around for more vocals rather than all the notey, kind of complex stuff and all that, so this time around it's just a little bit more wide open musically for him to really be able to do whatever he wants vocally this time around. So we'll see what happens. It's gonna be an interesting album for us, for sure.

Most of the commenters at BM seem to be excited except for a few douchebags, and I'm really hoping that the hype will build and pull some new fans in. I think the guys really need to have a strong tour in place so that they can immediately hit the road as soon as the CD drops. I know we all want a headlining tour (and that is certainly overdue) but it would've been nice if the timing coincided with a Megadeth tour. Instead of 4-5 smaller bands, I'd like to see NM play a full 60-75 minute set as direct support for a bigger band that can bring them more exposure.

I've gone into the future, downloaded it, then went back in time to before the creation of the internet, brought it to Al Gore, and convinced him to create a means to share it with the world.

The internet was created for the sole purpose of pirating this album.

So far, I'm quite impressed with the new BtBaM and Scar Symmetry so my expectations are high.

Word.

Gotta admit, the new Scar Symmetry is pretty kickass.

I am really fucking excited for this, the new Hypocrisy and the new Katatonia though.