The 'geek/nerd/anime/comics/etc.' thread

To be honest, I've never seen the series, only heard about it, but I liked the way you were going to spam us with info about it :p

I like zombie flicks, and to be honest, if you look at it as a zombie flick instead as solely part of the anime genre, its existence makes more sense. It's definitely low brow, but it is mostly zombie homage. I think it's pretty awesome, but I also think spamming people on the internet is awesome. So, obviously, it appeals to a certain kind of retard.

I also think spamming people on the internet is awesome. So, obviously, it appeals to a certain kind of retard.

You calling me a retard?! :Smug: :lol:

Anyway, I definitely gained me some extra geek/nerd points yesterday, as I went on a shopping spree at the H.P. Lovecraft Historical Society (HPLHS) Bazaar! THis is what I got myself as a belated Cthulhmas gift;

Dark Adventure Radio Theatre (all four stories and the box)
dart-boxedset.jpg

The Unbearably Scary Solstice combo pack (A Very Scary Solstice (incl. songbook), An Even Scarier Solstice (incl. songbook), and a tentacle to hang on the mantlepiece for future gift-showers)
solsticecombo.jpg

Esoteric Order of Dagon mug
EOD-mug.jpg

Cthulhu fish for the blackmobile
cthulhufish.jpg

It does, it truly, truly does.
Man, they have so much cool stuff in there I hardly knew where to begin! Luckily, I already own both of their feature films, and a couple of shirts as well, so the must-buy-now list was a (little) bit shorter than it could have been.

I have played Arkham Horror several times, and it's funny, but perhaps a little long to play. There are some expansion-packs which increase the chances of play.

The artwork on the board and the cards are very complete and have a lot of details.

I would be, if it weren't for the fact that I have no one to play with around here, and I wouldn't have the time for it even if I did ;)

(edit)
Though, to be honest, if I did have the time, I think I'd be more interested in trying the board game, it looks fun!
http://boardgamegeek.com/image/175966/arkham-horror

Still ignoring you :lol:
Seriously though, that Spidey concept sounds really weird. Wonder how it'll turn out.

I know, it's very bizarre, I think they could've invented a much more creative/feasible solution than… placing Doc Ock in Spidey's body. It all screams WTF? to be honest.
they'll eventually put Parker back into his own body
and then the gap of time with Doc Ock in spiderman's body will be released asd a hardcover book

It's not you, it's me

I have the attention span of a gnat

:lol:

The other day I saw a collection of poems called exactly that.

The collection called "story of my life"

I got Civ V: Gods and Kings. Didn't get Civ V originally because vanilla Civ V was nowhere as near as good as Civ IV.

Now it's worth finally shelving Civ IV. Bye-bye Civ IV. Gonna miss 1500 unit stacks.

Also, gonna make someone's eyes and ears bleed. And yes, I jacked off to this, and this show. I saw it. All of it. And I liked it, the same way I like getting blow jobs and drinking too much Coke and snorting detergent:

Last edited by a moderator: