the BEST COVER ARTWORK thread

The Master said:
f58936eef61.jpg

You mean there are better covers? And album titles, for that matter?
Damn straight. My avatar speaks the truth!

This is a damn good thread. Other album covers I LOVE:

Emperor - In The Nightside Eclipse
Burzum - Hvis Lyset Tar Oss
Burzum - Burzum
Mastodon - Remission
High on Fire - Surrounded By Thieves
Opeth - Blackwater Park
Radiohead - Kid A
Type O - October Rust
Husker Du - New Day Rising
Ween - Chocolate and Cheese
Agalloch - The Mantle

Other than ITNS + ATHOW (and yes, the inside of the booklet is exceptionally gay), Blood Fire Death has also been mentioned:

bathory_blood.jpg

I adore Cannibal Corpse's album covers. They're so funny, i could stare at them all day.

Strangely enough, i actually like Limp Bizkit's Significant Other cover (yes, i used to be a teeny bopper, shut up) - i have a sweetspot for cool graffiti art.

Other than that, Metallica's black album :p

Altars of Madness-Morbid Angel-Creepy when you were a stoned 20 something. It still gives me the creeps if you look at it long enough.

Cause Of Death-Obituary. Fantastic dripping vision.

Immortal-Sons of Northern Darkness- Certainly the most brilliant satire of Death Metal ever presented.

Suffocation-Pierced From within. Well you are when you attempt to listen to it

Sepultura-Beneath The Remains- A perfectly understated yet evil image for a classic thrash release from the band that musically transcended thrash for a while.
l
Exhorder- Slaughter In The Vatican- Well being offensive can be an art.

I know it sounds cliche to say this, but the Opeth covers are probably my favorite. The artwork is so good and the "Opeth" logo stands out completely all by itself. Other bands that come to mind right now are Katatonia, Radiohead, Old Man's Child, ::Wumpscut::, Sigh, ECT, ECT. I honestly cannot think of everything off the top of my head.

There are probably ton's of albums covers.

*in no order*
Emperor - In the Nightside Eclipse
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon, Wish You Were Here, The Wall, Meddle, Animals, Atom Heart Mother,
Rush - Permanent Waves, A Farewell to Kings
The Clash - London Calling
The Who - Quadrophenia
Ulver - Kveldsjanger
Godspeed You Black Emperor - Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas to the Heavens ( \m/ \m/ :D )
I think that's enough. :)