The "Who on UM would you have a beer with?" Thread

Unless they actively inhibited interbreeding, which is doubtful. The only reason I brought it up was that whenever someone mentions Kent, I think of the Jutes, who migrated to that area when they crossed from Germanic Europe.

I'm west side, near Tunbridge Wells. I'm right on the border of Kent actually, travel a couple of hundred metres east of my house and you're in East Sussex.

i have a mate from that area but i hate the sort of cunts who say 'HEY I KNOW A GUY WHO LIVES IN YOUR AREA DO YOU KNOW HIM' ergo i'm not going to ask that question

I don't know that many people from sunny tunny anyway because I go to school in Sevenoaks and I don't actually live in Tunbridge Wells. I'm glad we avoided that whole scenario so efficiently.

I was in my town library a few days ago, and there was a copy of the magazine 'Essex Life' on a shelf. Whether deliberately or not, another book was overlapping it, so all I could read was 'Sex Life'. It took me quite a while to realize it wasn't a sex mag - not long enough to wander over and check it out though.

i would have a beer with idol warship. if he still posted here.
i would also have a beer with seraphim, because you interest me and seem like a very clever person. blue wizard, neurotica, black core, zeph, tubbs, kerrys wear boots and faith.

Various members of the Katatonia forums.
Kriggy.
Faith no More.
Mr. Jones/Patrick Bateman.

Definitly V5 and cookiecutter. Btw, all you bitches should drink with me :D 'Cuz I am the only active Polish member in here and you should experience REAL vodka and tasty beer. Zeph had the opportunity and I hope he doesn't regret. :)

What's the beer like there? I mean, if there is a prevailing type or attribute.

Well, there is no prevailing type, usually our bear is light and it has 4,5% or higher. The best beers are Tyskie, Lech and Zywiec. They are very tasteful. Beers like Miller don't sell out good here, I heard that it tastes like piss. In general our beer is tasteful because you don't feel much of an alcohol in it but it is sure strong.

Well, there is no prevailing type, usually our bear is light and it has 4,5% or higher. The best beers are Tyskie, Lech and Zywiec. They are very tasteful. Beers like Miller don't sell out good here, I heard that it tastes like piss. In general our beer is tasteful because you don't feel much of an alcohol in it but it is sure strong.

By "no prevailing type", I suppose you mean that there is no one style that is most common? What styles are most popular there, though?

And, yeah, the big American macrobrews like Miller, Bud, etc. really aren't that good. Shit, I haven't even been drinking beer for that long, and even I can tell how weak they are. It's like drinking soda...which is actually the idea, I suppose. I guess they figure there's more money to be made if they market it to the general public as opposed to real beer drinkers. That type of shit is good when you're at a ballgame, and it's all flat and warm and in a paper cup, but in any other setting I want to be able to tell I'm drinking a beer.

By "no prevailing type", I suppose you mean that there is no one style that is most common? What styles are most popular there, though?

There are various types of beer here but if you ask which are the most popular I think light, strong beer like Tyskie for example. I'm not an expert in this branch but I think that big percentage of our Polish citizens drink beer that have from 7 to 9%.

One thing is bullshit about beer here. When you visit some clubs or pubs and you order keg beer (I'm not sure but people say so) it is mixed with water and spirit as a result it is stronger but has weaker taste.