The whole European Tour is cancelled

This is really bad, really really bad news. They are not official but I have a feeling that they are correct.

I hope that the reasons behind this is out of their hands and that the management/booking (or similar) screwed it and not the band them self because of some troubles in the band or something like that. Anyway...it blows!

does anybody know will Europe tour dates will change.
i was waiting to see Evergrey in Slovenia :mad:
hope they will come.

are they thinking of renaming the band nevergrey !!

1st of all we had progpower uk cancelled and now this .

i hope they reschedual soon , was really looking forward to it !!

That's one hell of a pity, for all the fans that bought tickets and most of all for Evergrey themselves. I hope they'll reschedule soon, the world is in need of their kickass live music!

I'm shocked what bad luck these guys have! I feel very sorry for the band and all the fans (Although it may be good for me, because I couldn't attend to one of the shows...)
But what problems they have faced in the past years is almost unbelievable. Maybe they should think about changing something in management... Oo
Anyways, I hope everything will be grey soon :headbang:

Damn, what a bummer. Maybe the economy is really making touring difficult. All we can hope for is that things get back on track for the guys soon.

They recently made some changes. This is the statement from the time of the "Torn" release:

"We have made changes in everything surrounding EVERGREY, everything from management, record label to booking and perhaps most important, changed our own approach to this thing called EVERGREY. "

So perhaps these changes weren't that good.....

Interesting tidbits here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116835

[It] was caused by none other than them. This was completely foreseeable, as Tom S. has basically ruined the band, from the finances, to the business and music.

He made so many bone-headed moves in his effort to go commercial that he turned a band that could potentially be one of the bigger ones out there into a joke. They originally did what they did really well, then decided it was time to go big time and bring in big names who don't understand metal in the least, to record the album even though Tom has a recording studio. I guess Tom doesn't know a rock or metal audience either, because him dropping "Britney Spears Producer" or "Def Leppard mixer" or whatever wasn't being bought by the audience. And it showed. Beyond the standard slowdown across the industry, they experienced a complete collapse in the interest of the band. Many of the old fans have ditched. Some stuck around, but barely enough to cover a tour.

I mean, it's embarassing that a band that has toured other countries on bigger cards is now reduced to renting a van and driving themselves to gig, just like back in the old days.

Tom Englund is a complete fraud and he should not be blaming the promoters, venues, or anyone else. He did this to his band, and no one else. He thought he bet right on making these moves with the band, and lost because there was too much of a contrast between the earlier era and now. They went from dark, almost prog metal to commercial rock/metal.

The factors were within your control, but you guys blew it.

Also the part where Tom says: "Two years ago we needed an album with a slightly different approach and an expensive producer, just to find out how that sort of thing works. It was the right album at the time, but now we have returned to our typical trademarks." is laughable.

What that guy said is pretty much bullshit. Tom ruined Evergrey? The guy made Evergrey. And making MMA wasn't a mistake, they wanted to try a new direction so they did. If they would have gone where the fans wanted and not where they wanted, it would have shown in the music. We'd get a half-assed ISoT sound-alike with no character. In stead we got MMA, a very arguable album, but with character, and very un-comprimising. Is it more mainstream? Yes. Does it necessarily mean they sold out? Fuck no.
And saying that the statement by Tom is laughable is a bit too far... Torn may not be ISoT or RD, but it definately combines elements of older Evergrey with some elements from MMA (plus some new directions). This makes Torn pretty unique in sound, like every other Evergrey album. When you look at it, none of them really sound like the others.

Tom ruined the band? Make me laugh! haha :lol:

As for me and a bunch of other fellows, we definitely started to 'pay attention' in the band, after we got MMA in our hands! Fucking perfect as my 'sig' shows below... Evergrey has something that BRAKE them to reach the place where they deserved to be... I don't know if it's spiritual (Inner Circle consequences), I don't know if they get only stupid people to manage the band or if they had the most boring fans, but indeed, there's something that doesn't makes this band take off to higher levels (together with the big names in Metal scene!)

I don't know what happens, coz for me, it's the best quality metal music I've ever heard! :headbang:

What can u say about!

Interesting tidbits here:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=116835

Also the part where Tom says: "Two years ago we needed an album with a slightly different approach and an expensive producer, just to find out how that sort of thing works. It was the right album at the time, but now we have returned to our typical trademarks." is laughable.

This is probably the most speculative bullshit i have ever read... makes me pissed off! nothing concrete in there at all just speculative black labeling. I feel really bad for the band because they get so much undeserved bullshit thrown at them. Without taking the mma discussion over again it was a thing the band needed to do for themselves. It shure cost them a shitload of money as well. I have contact with eg fans from far and wide, and none of them ever heard of a fan deserting the band because of a cancelled gig or an album.

I will continue to travel half way round the world to see them and support them as will many others. They are a fucking great band and dont deserve the bullshit!

So to all you wankers out there with nothing better to do, Fuck off!

Yeah...same opinion... Evergrey are great! and Tom is a huge composer, singer and axeman! :worship:

My favorite album is RD, but i thing that in 2009 TORN is the right album! You cannot do the same thing over and over again! It's great that Ey's albums are not all similar!

I'm sorry for the tour and i hope to see the guys soon...but isn't the first (and i think not the last!) band that suspend a tour! this shit can happen in music business!

In this situations a fan should prove his loyalty to the band! :headbang: