The XXVIII Olympiad

metu

Nov 21, 2002
MI, USA
Visit site
Who here other than me loves the Olympics?

What are your favorite events? What do you consider to be the high points and low points so far?

GO TEAM IRAQ!!!

DE said:
Some events are good, like women's gymnastics and women's swimming.
I guess women's softball aint too bad, but then they stopped covering that and went to doubles table tennis. that's right 4 guys crowding around a little tiny ping pong table.

and the worst thing about the olympics, it has pre-empted Late Night with Conan O Brien! BASTARDS I say!!!!

DE said:
Some events are good, like women's gymnastics and women's swimming.

Whenever I see the women on the uneven parallel bars, I then start to think that the women that I'm in bed with complain too much about me being too rough in bed - especially after seeing these women banging their mons pubis into a piece of wood at 35 miles an hour. :loco:

Besides, the Olympics is completely overrated. If these events were worth paying attention to, they'd have them on TV every week and not once every 4 years.

Even sports that I never watch otherwise, I watch during the Olympics. These people train so hard and want it so badly that I can't help but be swept away by the sheer desire of it all. I love rooting for underdogs and watching old, bitter national rivalries handled with good sportsmanship. I also love that it's in Athens this year and the location of the shot put.

The tv coverage in the US is so much better than it was for Syndey. The prime time coverage sucks, but for the rest of the day and night, it's been great. When they don't focus on one country, it's a lot better. Boxing's been on for three hours every day!

China sure ain't fuckin' around this year. It still seems strange to me that they're so good at weightlifting. Those women divers of theirs are very impressive.

Hamm was pretty tough, alright. I liked it when the Japanese mens gymnastics team solidly and convincingly beat the US team, and the US team applauded them.

That handball game between Croatia and Slovenia was cool because it was so rough.

How crazy is Athens right now, IOfTheStorm?

Iraq! (stomp stomp) Iraq! (stomp stomp)

^ haha..

Barth Vader said:
:worship: Paul Hamm
yeah, I'm glad he got the gold.

I love the Olympics ..I've watched just about everything I can so far.
I enjoy all the events, but swimming the most.. probably because of michael phelps, he's so hot. :)

Anyone know what channel badminton is showing on? :cool:

blast tyrant said:
i love the olympics.

it was quite hilarious watching that women from afghanistan run with the towel on her head in the 100m race lmfao

The Afghan girl who I saw race the 100m wasn't wearing a headscarf. The girl I saw was thrilled with her seven of eight in the first round and was reportedly only eighteen years old. Her face after racing an Olympic race and not getting last is my new highlingt. She had a small section in the croud, but she knew exactly where they were.

I saw a girl with a headscarf, but I didn't catch from where she came. I'm pretty sure she wansn't from Afghanistan. I hope she was from France, but I doubt it. :]

This Azeri boxing program is hot. Cuba beware.

stupid fucking Keeth Smart had not one but TWO FUCKING CHANCES to get America a medal in the Men's Team Sabre [Fencing]. what's worse is they only show five fucking hours of it.

Jinn said:
stupid fucking Keeth Smart had not one but TWO FUCKING CHANCES to get America a medal in the Men's Team Sabre [Fencing]. what's worse is they only show five fucking hours of it.
Oh god yes, I was so pissed after watching that. He blew it. Big time.

I'm waiting for wrestling this week, but I find myself watching womens' soccer alot. US vs Germany tomorrow!

Romania winning gold in womens' gymnastics was epic. They have a bitchin national anthem.