Theatrical Rock / Metal (Arcturus, Devil Doll,...)

Verago

Jun 5, 2002
Visit site
I´m seaching for albums which have this dramatic / theatrical feeling of Arcturus´ "La Masquerade Infernale" or the albums by Devil Doll.

I know there´s the blackmetal project "Diabolical Masquerade" which is good but not really what I´m looking for.

Also Sigh´s "Ghastly Funeral Theatre" and "Hail Horror Hail" come into mind. I haven´t heard "Hail Horror Hail" yet but "Ghastly Funeral Theatre" has some nice moments - although it doesn´t reach the insane beauty of Arcturus and Devil Doll to any degree.

Any other recommendations?

Verago said:
I
I know there´s the blackmetal project "Diabolical Masquerade" which is good but not really what I´m looking for.

Any other recommendations?

'Death's Design' by Diabolical Masquerade IS what you are looking for. Check it out. Also the 2 albums by Sigh mentioned above are well worth your time and money. Emperor-Prometheus... is black metal, but fits in the same category. Devin Townsend-Infinity is another. There's moe, but I'm not at home to see my albums to list them all.

there's this band the guy at the metal shop here was showing me...i think they were called atrox...they have this female singer and she does some really weird stuff with her voice.

bleed for me said:
there's this band the guy at the metal shop here was showing me...i think they were called atrox...they have this female singer and she does some really weird stuff with her voice.

Although I think Atrox have amazing vocals I wouldn't call the
band Theatrical.

Just like Timmy I tend to think about goth/doom when
theatrical is mentioned, but you could check out Lost In Time's
"Theatrical Spheres". Very good black metal, but also very
hard to find >:eek:P