THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE - A Clockwork Highway

NAD

What A Horrible Night To Have A Curse
Jun 5, 2002
Kandarian Ruins
THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE - A Clockwork Highway (2004)
code666

tmk%20code025%20150.jpg

1. Dopecity
2. Who Dares to Kill the Lion?
3. The Hills Have Eyes
4. The Gospel According an exit Solution
5. An Affecter of Change
6. Primates
7. Babilonia Cafè

So do the kids still hate electronica influenced metal? I don't really pay attention to the underground masses anymore, too many are concerned with ideology behind a band, how true they remain to their original intent, or some other poppycock. Either way, I never hated techno-metal because if you consider how many metal groups use an almost tactical approach to their riffing, using sequencers and other fun technology is a short few logical steps away. So here comes THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE with their fourth offering, equal parts electronic instrumentation and riffery de la asskickery.

A Clockwork Highway finds TMK giving more machine gun riffs, more creepy vibes, more beeps and clicks, and more processed vocals, so fans should not be disappointed. Some of the oomph that made New Era Viral Order so much fun is a bit lacking here, but in its place is a more subdued presentation that could benefit in the long run. Most songs retain the main riff or two without much variation in the foundation elements. Vocals and sound effects change, but tempos, riffs, and drums keep on keepin' on how they started, creating a bit of a hypnotic effect. Ironically, this makes A Clockwork Highway more like a trance album, but the overall electronica feel is less than has been in the past.

This is one of those cases where the band sounds the same, but has made a different record. Whether or not they have made a better one will take some time, but either way this is another solid effort. Recommended.

7/10

On a completely UNRELATED note - SR~VE - "Die Kellys treiben tot im Fluss - Ökoalarm" :kickass: :kickass: Der Rhein ist tot!

TERROGRUPPE is my no. 1 favourite band ever of all time, gaaaaaaah, finally another TG fan on this board. This is extreme.

"Der Rhein ist tot" is awe-fuckin'-some!:D Aaah the hilarious Kelly-Family-bashing goodnes....
I just have "Melodien Für Milliarden" so far but I'm sure buying more Terrorgruppe albums. Politically incorrect, funny, good punk rock/"aggropop".

fotmbm said:
At times like this, Henrik, don't you wish you weren't homosexual?

:loco:

SR~VE said:
"Der Rhein ist tot" is awe-fuckin'-some! Aaah the hilarious Kelly-Family-bashing goodnes....
I just have "Melodien Für Milliarden" so far but I'm sure buying more Terrorgruppe albums. Politically incorrect, funny, good punk rock/"aggropop".

GET EVERYTHING they've released, I worship every single one of their albums. They've never made an album that is worse than 11 out of 10 ass-kicker points. Musik für Arschlöcher and 1 World 0 Future are MANDATORY.