Maldoror Kollective first cd

Christopher

blunt fanfare trauma
Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
What is the album that the band known now as Thee Maldoror Kollective produced before signing with code666? I saw this record for sale, released under their early "Maldoror" name in the Century Media catalog. It was briefly described as Dimmu Borgir with more technicality. Is anyone familiar with this first Maldoror record, and if so what opinions do you have about it?

thank you and g'day,

Chris

I think that is the name of the album I was referring to with my initial post. before all of the Viral Order stuff. Probably not as interesting as the current stuff, but I'm curious anyhow.

:ill:

the album is "In Saturn Mystique" - we had it in our code666 mailorder for some months, now it's sold out forever.
it's not bad at all, but very different from New Era Viral Order, it's more "Black Metal".

"In Saturn Mystique" is one of my favorite BM albums , as much as you can call it a BM album :)

any way great album !

So it's a pretty good record for blackmetal,eh? I don't think I have any italian black metal, unless you consider Ephel Duath's frist record to be of the black metal persuasion. I don't really, although there are programmed blast beats o'plenty.
does In Saturn Mystique cofnine itself to the typical blackmetal sound, that new school, or was it third school(?) scandanavian sound that latter day Emperor and current Dimmu Borgir went on the popularize? I have a slight itch for the blackmetal sound, although presented in a more left field and slightly atypical way. I can't really listen to any new bands that play the same sort of typical black metal that I was used to when younger, it's just lost so much of the magic since then. I have different expressions about it these days. Anyway, maybe i'll check it out if I see it around, thank you both for the comments.

C. :cool:

well, to describe it it's not really easy, it's not old school BM at all and not "third school" either... it's quite atmospheric, occult and modern with a strong mystical approach.

Hi there! any chance for re-releases of Ars Magika and In Saturn Mystique?
and someday can we find 23 miles back... on aural webstore?
thank you, CODE666 rules!!

i don't think the band is interested in re-releasing the first two albums, really very different from what they are doing now... we'll see what we can do with 23 miles... :p

Hi Emi!
You're right, and I understand the band... but it would be nice having all TMK albums, even only to esteem their insane growth.
Anyway thank you, we'll see... have a nice day!