code666/aural music newsletter september 2004

Emi

underdog
May 10, 2002
imola - italy
code666.net
code666, GoreGorecords, Dreamcell11 and Amaranth Recordings are sublabels of Aural Music

Aural Music news september 2004

auralnews01:

MECHANICAL POET FINISH RECORDING THE NEW ALBUM

01_front.jpg

Russian Progressive Gothic Metallers MECHANICAL POET finished the recording of their brand new album titled "WOODLAND PRATTLERS",
scheduled for a late October 2004 release on Aural Music (above a sneak preview of the final cover artwork).
The album is filled with progressive metal riffs, deep ambient pads , trance electronics and rich classical orchestrations,
imagine a never heard before mix of Tim Burton, Progressive Metal, Japanese Cartoons and East-European Gothic Atmospheres...

the tracklist is set as follow:
1. Main Titles

2. Stormchild

3. Bogie In A Coal-Hole

4. Sirens From The Underland

5. Will O' The Wisp

6. Strayed Moppet

7. Old Year's Merry Funeral

8. Natural Quaternion

a. Sylphs

b. Gnomes

c. Undines

d. Salamanders

9. Shades On A Casement

10. Swamp-Stamp-Polka

11. End Credits

more news on www.mechanicalpoet.net .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

code666news02:

THE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE NEW ALBUM READY TO BE RELEASED

code025_tmk_cover.jpg

Italian ritualists THEE MALDOROR KOLLECTIVE are back with a new album titled "A Clockwork Highway",
scheduled to be released in October 2004 on code666.
after the groundbreaking "New Era Viral Order" in 2001, they changed again to create another musical jewel,
a dangerous noise soundtrack filled with scaring visions of future, unspeakable questions and disturbing grooves,
featuring the collaboration with industrial-music guru BAD SECTOR.

Do not expect a "New Era Viral Order part 2.", as usual The Kollective morphed in a new Entity with a new line-up and a new music style,
this time more close to the Apocalyptic post-core scene (Isis, Neurosis)
the new songs are a slow, hypnotic, tribal trip in a noise soundtrack, like William Gibson in Mescal Overdose.

code666 is a sublabel of Aural Music.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

amaranthnews03

THE SOUNDBYTE OUT SOON ON AMARANTH RECORDINGS

the first release of the aural music imprints Amaranth Recordings (ruled by Ephel Duath's Davide Tiso) is "Rivers of Broken Glass"
the title portrays what this album sounds like: massive, cold and penetrating; cutting shards of resigned angst with twinges of hope that feels like morphine, and continuously shimmering with fragments of sheer beauty. Always experimenting with different concrete sounds and introducing sheer, almost transparent vocals upon far murkier, monotone foundations, The Soundbyte has developed it's own voice. The result is an exiting and dark voyage through soundscapes consisting of drums, bass, innovative guitars, male and female vocals, mellow strings, brass, keyboards and programming.

The Soundbyte is a solo project of Trond Engum evolved through several years of composing and playing as a part of the cult band The 3rd and The Mortal.

more info on: www.thesoundbyte.com

amaranth recordings is a sublabel of Aural Music.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

code666, GoreGorecords, Dreamcell11 and Amaranth Recordings are sublabels of Aural Music

What a great cover to the Mechanical Poet record. I find it remarkably less contrived and funny than the hundreds of grpahically designed covers that all depict the same image over and over again.

Christopher said:
What a great cover to the Mechanical Poet record. I find it remarkably less contrived and funny than the hundreds of grpahically designed covers that all depict the same image over and over again.

I can only agree! The artwork is simply stunning and really original!!
Looking forward to hear the music.

Christopher said:
I agree with you, the cd will be released with a stunning 20 page full color comic book in the same vein of the cover, like a visual background for the different songs. maybe I'll post some previews, it's really outstanding.:hotjump: