Thee Plague of Gentlemen are no more...

I agree with both points, there's probably zero profit to be made except from dumbfuck speculators banking on the album becoming a rarity, but there are serious moral objections and negative publicity in continuing to make it available. And I'm sure it won't hurt the rest of the band, they have their day jobs and could start again (make sure to do a background check this time)...

Prisoners should be made to do practically slave labour. I don't care what.

Clean highways, Clean graffiti. Build shit. Scrub sewers with a goddamn toothbrush. But none of this "yard time"...

Lesser crimes? Lesser work. We have a bait car program here, car's rigged to catch thieves, you can watch the video from inside the car on the website. half the time you see these guys get in, and they're going "I hope this isn't a bait car" and the guy beside them "yeah, i just got out yesterday".

Some deterrrent. Make those fuckers sweat their balls off for their 2 years in prison, and maybe they'll learn something other than "prison ain't so bad".

The real dangerous prisoners, leave em in solitary. Feed em fucking gruel, let them rot to death, it won't be pleasant.

Haha nah, I wasn't being serious. Although that "send 'em to the chair!!" attitude is one I mostly associate with Americans to be honest, sorry if I'm stereotyping.

lizard said:
we do tend to be a bit frontier-ish.

personally, I believe prisoners should work to help earn their keep.

no offense to my scandinavian friends, but they are far too lenient on criminals. or maybe they are just more socially advanced than I.

I Agree, stealing someone elses life, but after 20 some years in prison they get to go back into the real world? That doesn't make sence to me, specially Varg.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but that is how I take it.

Doom said:
Haha nah, I wasn't being serious. Although that "send 'em to the chair!!" attitude is one I mostly associate with Americans to be honest, sorry if I'm stereotyping.

I'm not advocating that, but I'm suggesting that instead of us paying a fuckload of money for them to have a holiday gone awry... let's make them work. At least then our tax dollars will be going to something useful, and they'll be too goddamn exhausted to try and breakout.

And I'm not american, I'm canadian, and I'm sick of watching people go to jail for 8 years, get out in 4 and then repeat their offenses within a week.

The prison system up here isn't much of a deterrent. THe only ones who don't get out on parole halfway through their sentence are the true psychos like clifford olson

swizzlenuts said:
I Agree, stealing someone elses life, but after 20 some years in prison they get to go back into the real world? That doesn't make sence to me, specially Varg.

Perhaps I'm missing something, but that is how I take it.

after 20 years in jail, do you relaly think you can be a member of society? you've been in a cage isolated from trends, fads, people, technology. Even with their prisoner re-education/integration programs, you're still gonna be fucked.

Not really.

1) more than we pay now, i'm aware of that.
2) not really, our employment rate is going down, 75% of our unemployed are drug addicts and criminals. It's like 3.1% in my province.
3) yes, it is inefficient, but to be honest, it beats paying for them to sit around and improve their criminal skills. hell, we can find some of them (car thieves?) decent jobs, teach them a skill, maybe they'll find one they like and abandon their criminal ways. The murderers, rapists and the like, they don't deserve to be let out of their cage, even their 1 hour of excercise a day.

edit: in relation to #3, theres been a program in the states involving dogs, they work with dogs, and basically groom, care for and take the dogs through obedience classes and such. For some of the people, it does nothing. Others have started dog care facilities, started running dog obedience classes, this teaches them a skill so they don't have to steal TV's or sell crack ot kids or stab their husbands for their life insurance policy.

why don't we build bridges OUT OF criminals.

edit: note load bearing archway build out of Capuchini monk bones
Cappuccine_crypt_62.jpg

i'm not talking build bridges, I'm talking jobs that nobody does. Cleaning along highways, scrubbing graffiti off buildings, cleaning the garbage and used condoms and crack needles out of our parks, cleaning the "SMOKE WEED 4:20" bullshit off the walls of our schools and shit.

Nobody does those jobs over here. They don't exist as a career option so it's not taking a job from somebody. I'm not talking give them a real job, and again, for the lesser crimes, refer to #3 and my edit. Let's give them a chance to learn a skill and get a real job as honest folk.