Thee Plague of Gentlemen are no more...

Doomcifer said:
Yeah, but too bad rehab is already a lost cause for these kinds of people. They cannot function "properly" in regular "civilized" society...ie moral laws.

Most of them, yeah. Hence life imprisonment for them. I always laugh when I hear an arbitrary number of years locked up being given as punishment, as if that fucking does anything. It's like in Catholicism. "Oh, you beat the shit out of your wife? 27 Holy Maries and a $5 donation should take care of that."

PRIMULA PESTIS WILL NO LONGER BE AVAILABLE THROUGH I HATE
As a consequence of Steve McMillan's criminal acts, that he has confessed, we have decided to delete the THEE PLAGUE OF GENTLEMEN - Primula Pestis album. Thus the album will no longer be available through I Hate. We feel truly sorry for the other members of TPOG that has to suffer for Steve's deeds but we must do what we feel is right.

REGARDING THE ARREST AND IMPRISONMENT OF Steve McMillan OF TPOG:
We are shocked, disturbed and saddened to learn about the accusations of multiple child rape (and due arrest and imprisonment) directed at THEE PLAGUE OF GENTLEMEN front man Steve McMillan (real name: Steven Wackenier). This all feels like a bad dream that one just wants to wake up from, we feel sick to hear of these disgusting crimes. We hereby completely disassociate ourselves from all Steve’s acts, deeds and comments in this case and express our sympathy for his victims and all other innocent people (band members, family etc.) that has become directly or indirectly affected. Our memories of Steve, in connection to the Doom over Sweden tour in 2005 and when enthusiastically discussing the details of the release of Primula Pestis etc. is now soiled, dirty. To conclude: I HATE DOES IN NO WAY SUPPORT THESE KINDS OF CRIMES AGAINST INNOCENT VICTIMS AND WANT NO CONNECTION TO THIS KIND OF FILTH WHATSOEVER! ROT IN JAIL!

Doomcifer said:
Why not? The criminal isn;t the only one being punished. Society is also paying, literally....with taxes for housing, feeding, etc for these criminals that are lifers.
that's how the system works, as much a part of society as anything else. you pay to have your criminals punished like you pay to have your roads paved. you wouldn't say "society is being punished because the state wants to build roads", blah blah blah.

Erik said:
that's how the system works, as much a part of society as anything else. you pay to have your criminals punished like you pay to have your roads paved. you wouldn't say "society is being punished because the state wants to build roads", blah blah blah.

That's one way to look at it. A good point.

Criminals pay taxes too. I'm sorry, but I don't want my taxes to go to providing the tazer attached to my balls.

See, the flaw here is that people see jail as punishment. I see it as 3 square meals, a roof, a bed, a tv, and a community of fuckwads living in confinement.

And if you believe that I'm paying for them to be "punished", then I'd rather see my money go towards them being "killed".

JayKeeley said:
See, the flaw here is that people see jail as punishment. I see it as 3 square meals, a roof, a bed, a tv, and a community of fuckwads living in confinement.
i'll bet $$$ that serving a life sentence (as a CHILD RAPIST) in jail would allow you to change your mind

JayKeeley said:
And if you believe that I'm paying for them to be "punished", then I'd rather see my money go towards them being "killed".
feel free to have that opinion but in my draconian mind criminals deserve punishment for their action

I don't give a crap about appeal to emotion and victim's rights. Your rights do not extend so far as to insist pain and punishment on another human being, no matter what the fuck they did.