Thee Plague of Gentlemen are no more...

Hmm... thought the name Steve Wackenier looked familiar so I looked through my email history and sure enough, I bought one of my favourite LPs off the guy a couple years ago!

How do you feel now, knowing that your purchase bought him a bottle of lube and a roll of film? Nice going, you fuckwad.

lizard said:
Lol

That album could still have some of his dead skin cells on it eWwWwwwWW

Conspic, I understand that most pervs were sexually abused themselves but this ilk is where I finally draw the line on caring

yeah, i'm not suggesting we shower him with love and care. I'm saying kill the fucker slowly, unless he's the fucked in the head type (and not the psycho type), in which case, kill him fast.

My preferred punishment for paedophiles - Strap them securely to a chair. Put out a table laid out with surgical implements, hammers, baseball bats, stapleguns, chains, whatever. Then put the parents of the kid involved in the room with them and give them fifteen minutes amnesty.

Necuratul said:
problem: you're not supposed to kill people.

I don't know if you were being serious or not, but it's good to see that not everyone here thinks it's acceptable to go around killing people, even if they have done something horrific.

Thing is, life imprisonment is just a waste of everybody's time and money, including the criminal.

If you're going to die in jail, then why not just die now.

In fact, I think they should give people the choice: do you want to rot in jail or just be given a lethal injection now?

JayKeeley said:
Thing is, life imprisonment is just a waste of everybody's time and money, including the criminal.

If you're going to die in jail, then why not just die now.

In fact, I think they should give people the choice: do you want to rot in jail or just be given a lethal injection now?
you're completely ignoring the concept of "punishment"

jail should be a punishment for the criminal, not a way to simply get rid of the person for his and society's good

And I think just the opposite. Prison should be simply a way to remove potential dangers to society from society. There's no sense in killing them when you don't have to, and you should work to rehabilitate them so they can actually become a productive member of the human race. But yes, I know this is a gay view to hold and will accordingly be shat on for it.

Erik said:
jail should be a punishment for the criminal, not a way to simply get rid of the person for his and society's good

Why not? The criminal isn;t the only one being punished. Society is also paying, literally....with taxes for housing, feeding, etc for these criminals that are lifers. Also, once the criminal adapts, it's not that much of a punishment anyway. Life should be a privilege. But of course there are so many fucking ways to look at it. I dont necessarily think its okay for another human to kill another one because of lawful punishment reasons either. Murder is muder, no matter which way you slice it...pun intended. Justice is a huge falicy anyway. Nothing can bring back the deceased or undo a "wrongful" act anyhow, so it all is kind of moot and illogical. But isn't life incarceration just getting rid of the person from society anyway? One big circular argument like everything else in life. Im just totally aimlessly ranting btw.

Necuratul said:
And I think just the opposite. Prison should be simply a way to remove potential dangers to society from society. There's no sense in killing them when you don't have to, and you should work to rehabilitate them so they can actually become a productive member of the human race. But yes, I know this is a gay view to hold and will accordingly be shat on for it.

Yeah, but too bad rehab is already a lost cause for these kinds of people. They cannot function "properly" in regular "civilized" society...ie moral laws.