'Their here'

liquiDeath

New Metal Member
May 4, 2001
leicester, England
Visit site
I'm sorry if this pisses any one off but I just had to say Hellooooo my lovlies! to everyone on this forum! (i'm a newbie) O.k whats everyones favorite melodic/death/dark (ect) metal band other than Opeth? Mine's Dimmu borgir they are Just totally brutal.

I've always held Katatonia as a second favorite. I love the way they make simple sounding riffs flow. Amorphis is up there for me too. I just got to see them live for the first time on the tour with Opeth.

I found Dimmu's style to have changed a bit plus the fact they are using cheesy computer effects to enhance their band photos. I have "Enthrone Darkness Triumphant" now that's a pretty good album and some of thier earlier stuff has alot of good melody. The new stuff just sounds a tad mediocre, minus a few good riffs here and there and ofcourse some of the instrumental parts are ok.

I wasn't very satisfied with Amorphis' set. I did not know any of the songs??! I only stayed through about 5 of their songs and before I was leaving they finally played one off Elegy, which wasn't a great song anyways. I wanted to hear other songs off Elegy and more off "Tales from the 1000 Lakes." . They turned into a different band, I don't see the same crowd of fans liking this band. I admit I don't like Privelege of Evil or Kaeralian Isthmus all that much anyways but I thought the direction they went in on "1000 LAkes" and "Elegy" was pretty good music and where they were reaching their peak. It seems like after "Elegy" they just went downhill.

Other stuff I like besides Opeth :
Emperor (Anthems and prior) , Enslaved, Immortal , Satyricon, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Amon Amarth, Sigh, much more.

I do this somewhere else as well, but WTF.

Devin Townsend stuff (SYL, Ocean Machine, etc.), Dan Swano stuff (Edge of Sanity, Nightingale, Odyssey), Hypocrisy, Katatonia, In Flames, Dark Tranquility, Nightwish, Amorphis, some Emperor (mostly Anthems), Immortal (At the Heart of Winter), Arch Enemy, Anathema, At the Gates, Amorphis, some Therion, Gardenian, Children of Bodom (I like Hatebreeder - sue me), a little Dimmu when I'm in just the right mood, etc. etc.

Well, my alltime favourite band si dark Tranquillity, no doubt! And of course all the bands under the banner of NWOSDM!
Outside metal I enjoy listening to Air, Foo Fighters, Travis, Coldplay and Keith Caputo to new only a few!
And I really like some brutal trash stuff like early Machine Head or early Sepultura!