THEOCRACY-MIRROR OF SOULS

It was about a year ago I found out about the coming album. I thought it was going to be released by christmas 2006, lol. But now we really are close! It's gonna be so great!

I hope the everything is going well with the labels and that we soon will have the album in our hands!

Thanks to Matt, Shawn, Jon, Patrick and, above all, GOD for GREAT music.

I'm affraid its heading in that direction...

But on the other hand I don't think we can blame Matt for this. He is working his ass off to put all his free time in the album. Unfortunately for us fans, things are not going as fast as we would expect.

Matt: Is there any (real) progress going on regarding the release of the CD? If not, I would be willing to donate 5 to 10$ to be able to download all the mp3 files of the album. (I'm sure you have them). I think the rest of the forum users are willing to do this as well. Maybe there are some 'online record labels' that offer this service..?

Not me - i don't wish to download the album in mp3 files..

I want to have the good old fashioned way of getting the cd in my hands! ....Later on after that i will put the music on my PC, but i don't care how much technology advances i still want to always be able to have an album in physical form, just as i still like to read books.

I'm ready either way. I can't stand it much longer! Bring it on!

I'm excited to hear the difference now that Matt has:
A) more recording experience,
B) a full band,
even though there's not a single thing I don't like about the first CD. The fact that it was all done by one person adds so much to it. I pay no attention to the drum machine. It's a perfect disc start to finish with no filler and no flaws, given what Matt had at the time to work with. :worship:
All things considered, I'd love another CD just like it - just Matt - but I'm so glad he is moving forward with people dedicated to the band and to the cause! I can't wait to hear their contributions! :headbang:

I definitely prefer a physical copy to an MP3 download option. But if it was the kind of situation where they release it early in MP3 with an option to pay an extra $5 for coupon to get a free physical copy of the CD I'd be into that. I'll just be happy to finally get my hands on it whenever it is released in whatever format.

I feel the same. I'd prefer a CD, but if the release is really drawing out, I am totally ready to purchase the album as a download. That is if I get my credit card working >_>.

Thank you Matt for finding the time and will to make this. We are all grateful and we will wait if it's necessary ^^.

I'm the opposite, I'd actually just assume not have a physical CD. When I buy a CD first thing I do is rip it to MP3, and that's usually the last time the CD ever gets used :)

I have been lurking on these forums for at least a year, just finally registered to post in this thread. I can fully understand why the band would be hesitant to do any distribution on their own if they're intending to get it picked up and distributed by a label. Even though we're talking about a Christian band and predominantly Christian fans, it doesn't take much "sharing" for an album to get out on to file sharing sites, and then the likelihood of a label having serious interest quickly drops.

That said, if the new album were available electronically I'd buy it immediately. If Matt or one of the other guys wants to sell me a copy for $15-$20 (that I'd promise not to share), send me an email with what you need (Paypal, cash, check, whatever) :) I'll even do a formal song by song album review if you want.

- Will
www.willwillis.us

Not a bad idea,...
I really wouldn't mind being able to purchase a song or two off of itunes or some other way. I don't know if it would help out at all for the studio heads to see how many people would be downloading the songs. Maybe it would help move things along??

I dont really know, I'm not "In" with how things work.. I'm just trying to convince anyone in anyway to do what they need to do so that I can hear some of the new album. Yes,.. I'm selfish. :saint:

Hi Guys--
Sorry for the long time between updates. This is a frustrating time right now because the album is done and we're just waiting and waiting. I'm ready for people to hear it!

Anyway, basically there's a decent-sized (for Metal, anyway) label who has expressed interest in putting the album out. Since everything is still so tentative, I don't want to get into names or specifics right now, obviously. They have the finished album and say they still want to release it, but...nothing. We're just waiting on them to say what's next at this point. I'm about to send press kits to a couple of other smaller labels to see if we get any interest though, because I'm getting tired of not knowing what's going on. I'll keep you guys posted. I'm really sorry. Believe me, I'm more frustrated than anyone about this. The album's finally done, but people are STILL having to wait! Ugh. I hope it works out with the initial label, because that could be good for us. We didn't hear anything back from the really big guys like Nuclear Blast and Roadrunner; guess they weren't interested.

I don't want to give away the tracklisting and stuff just yet, but I can tell you that there are shorter songs and longer epics on there like there were on the first one, and there's a nice variety of speed and slower stuff. The title track, "Mirror of Souls," is my favorite song I've written. It's about our tendency to look at other people to judge our own righteousness; i.e. "I'm not as bad as that guy, so I must be pretty good." I can't wait for you guys to hear it.

Other than that, we're gearing up for the Christmas show on the 15th. We're going to try to play the Christmas Medley, so it should be a lot of fun if we can get it together in time.

Hopefully I'll have some good news to report soon. Thanks for waiting.

God bless,

Matt,

I'd have to say I'm glad Roadrunner doesn't want you... what a crappy label.

I have no problem being patient when it means you get a better deal. We know you already have material for a third album, so it will only help that along that much more with a good label.

Can't wait to hear it!

Thanks for the update. Looking forward to hearing the album! I'm sure it's well worth the wait! I'd rather wait and have pure uncompromised Theocracy than have something faster that's tuned down or cut around the corners... the best things don't come overnight. Thanks for going through all this and putting out some more-than-decent christian metal in our hands! Blessings from Canada!

If they don't see the potential in Theocracy, it is their ignorant loss Matt! Go with your heart and what you feel God wants you to do.We'll be here waiting and ready!

Good look with the Christmas Medley. I'd like to come down that weekend but have something planned with the family. I'm already listening to it getting geared up for Christmas. I love the Trans Siberian Orchestra but I prefer your Christmas Medley by a long shot. It's my favorite piece of Christmas music. The (metal) highlights without listening to it again and getting really in depth are when you scream "staaaaaarrrrrrr" and the Helloweenish Carol of the Bells when you pick up the pace. So awesome! Wish I could be there to see it live!

I'll pray for you guys and this decision!

In Christ,

Mike

Hi Matt! I haven't been on here in awhile and I just read that you're having trouble getting labels to pick up the new album.

I don't know if you considered this one: Have you tried contacting Nightmare Records? They may be receptive to Theocracy's work, but then again I'm no expert on these things.

Whatever route you decide to go on, I'm behind you guys all the way. Can't wait to hear Mirror Of Souls.

I don't remember for sure but I think Matt had already talked some with Lance king or vice versa. I think Lance would be a good one to go with. He has been nice and answered every email I have sent him.