Theocracy on the radio and via web in MN Dec 1

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Hey gang,

There's a guy at KUMD (an independent public radio station in the Duluth, MN/Superior, WI market) that is starting a metal show on Dec 1. He is slated to be on each Thursday night from 1-3am (Central). He said there's a chance he'll be bumped up to the 11pm-1am shift tomorrow, though.

Anyway, I sent him Theocracy's CD (as well as Sonata's newest CD) and he's going to play some of each. For Theocracy, I suggested Mountain, Theocracy, or Twist of Fate. You can listen via the web at:

http://www.kumd.org/Home.shtml

Spreading the word,
SeaStorm

Well, OK, so this was two years ago now, but as long as you're talking about Theocracy on the radio, here's a playlist of mine from October 15, 2003 when the Theocracy CD was the "featured CD" (I've been playing tracks from it since then, too!). This was a fun set, because it got me started on "triple play songs", songs that had the same title as the band performing them AND the album they were on.

Playlist // BEAUTY IN THE BEAST // 10/15/03

Beauty in the Beast is a heavy metal radio show broadcast live on WVLP,
98.3FM, Valparaiso, IN every Wednesday from 10pm-midnight. The show is then
rebroadcast the following Wednesday morning at 10am. Power and progressive
metal are the emphasis of the show.

Featured CD: Theocracy, by Theocracy

ARTIST / TITLE / CD

HOUR 1

Theocracy / Theocracy / Theocracy
Black Sabbath / Black Sabbath / Black Sabbath
Iron Maiden / Iron Maiden / Iron Maiden
Time Requiem / Time Requiem / Time Requiem
Missa Mercuria / Missa Mercuria / Missa Mercuria
Theocracy / The Serpent's Kiss / Theocracy
Pyramid / Ghost / Pyramid

HOUR 2

Soilwork / Millionflame / The Chainheart Machine
Triumph / All the Way / Never Surrender
Damn Yankees / Someone to Believe / Don't Tread
Elegy / Trust / State of Mind
Magellan / Hymn for a Heathen / Impossible Figures
Theocracy / Mountain / Theocracy
Theocracy / Victory Dance / Theocracy
At Vance / Right or Wrong / The Evil in You
Steel Prophet / Shattered Apart / Unseen
Symphony X / Accolade II / The Odyssey
Theocracy / Twist of Fate / Theocracy

edgeofthorns said:
I can't believe there's actually a radio station out there that has that sort of show/play list! Wow! Of course our airwaves here in Tennessee is dominated by country music. :-(

Yeah, I really wish we did internet streaming, because my audience here is limited to prisoners in the local county jail and people who forgot to turn their radio off after the end of the blues show that precedes mine :)

But if we did internet streaming, our licensing fees would skyrocket because our "potential audience" would increase, and we're a small nonprofit station. Oh well. At least I get to listen to good music myself for two hours a week!

The show I did this week had 4 songs from the new Neal Morse CD on it. That's a great CD.

Ken

metalprof said:
my audience here is limited to prisoners in the local county jail and people who forgot to turn their radio off after the end of the blues show that precedes mine :)

:lol: That cracked me up!

I wish I could listen to your show. Those are some sweet song selctions!

If anyone else tried to listen to the KUMD show like I did, the times got changed. Because some other hosts didn't make it into the studio, he got to move up to prime time: 9-11pm. At about 9:50pm, he played both Sonata (Don't Say A Word) and Theocracy (Theocracy). I missed it because I didn't start listening until 10:50pm, when I heard Nightwish, Unearthed, and American Headcharge (just to give you a flavor of what he's playing; note that AHC, though a national band, gets extra plays on MN stations because they are from here). This week, he should be settling back into his slated 1-3am slot.

I'll be listening this week and have asked him to play Theocracy again! Giddyup.

metalprof said:
Yeah, I really wish we did internet streaming, because my audience here is limited to prisoners in the local county jail and people who forgot to turn their radio off after the end of the blues show that precedes mine :)

But if we did internet streaming, our licensing fees would skyrocket because our "potential audience" would increase, and we're a small nonprofit station. Oh well. At least I get to listen to good music myself for two hours a week!

The show I did this week had 4 songs from the new Neal Morse CD on it. That's a great CD.

Ken

Hahahahaha:D That's hilarious! In other words, a person has to commit a crime in this country to be able to listen to good music!

metalprof

I had no idea such a show existed in Valpo. Learn something every I guess. I'll make sure to tell most of my friends here to start listening.

Ian a VU student

I just learned that Theocracy will START OFF THE SHOW tonight! Giddyup!

Again, he's not sure what time slot he's going to get tonight, either 11-1 or 1-3 (he suspects 1-3). So, Theocracy will be played at either 11pm or 1am tonight! I'll be listening...

Sweet! There is something so cool about hearing a song you like on the radio, even though you own it and can play it anytime you want. It still gets me excited in a way that playing the CD doesn't.

Anyway, the show tonight started at 1am and kicked off with a Pantera song. Then he talked a bit about Dimebag and John Lennon being killed today and said "to bring our spirits back up" he was moving into power metal. He played Prelude + Theocracy and followed up with a Swedish band called Crystal Eyes (song was Northern Rage).

He mentioned that he got some calls last week about Theocracy after playing them, so that was why he was playing them again.

Hi out there !
I´m a reader of the forum for months now, and i thought it´s time to start writing ;-)

I wanted to tell you that Theocracy was even played on German radio !
There´s this local radio station in the (big german) city my brother lives in. It has it´s own metal show called "zosh" once a week . One of the guys who runs the show knows my brother and that he is into christian metal, and told him if he would like to be guest-DJ to do a "White Metal-Special". My brother told him he would love to come, if he can bring me with him, cause i have the better collection *g*. So we´ve been there, did a three hour show just with christian metal and i also played Theocracy (New Jerusalem).
If you are interested in the whole playlist, i can post it ! And if you want to listen to a show, it´s on wednesday between 21.00 and 00.00 (CET) via livestream on www.zosh.de !

JazzEgle said:
metalprof

I had no idea such a show existed in Valpo. Learn something every I guess. I'll make sure to tell most of my friends here to start listening.

Ian a VU student

It's heartening to see students listening to good music :)

The show is on every Wednesday at 10pm, 98.3FM.

Good luck on finals!

Ken Luther

Right on! He kicked the show off with Sonata Arctica's "Wolf and Raven" then went into Theocracy's "Theocracy". Now that rules.

We're exposing the masses to Theocracy up here in the frozen northland!

Cool....I did the same last spring. A friend of mine has a prog/metal radio show every Thursday evening for CKUO here in Ottawa. He came over and helped himself to about a dozen of my cd's...one of which was Theocracy, and he closed the show with it.