Theocracy will be played on the radio in MN this Sat (10/9)!

SeaStorm

Jun 24, 2004
Minnesota, USA
Good news! My good friend Nathan (known as SwordLord within Twin Cities' metal circles) will be doing a one hour metal show this Saturday night at 1:30am Central Time on KFAI - 90.3 FM in Minneapolis and 106.7 FM in St. Paul. I spoke to him today and he plans to play one Theocracy song (either Mountain or Theocracy). You can tune in over the Net, too! Matt, you met Nathan at ProgPower; he was the 6'5" blonde guy, who was most likely wearing a Rhapsody shirt. Here's his blurb about it:

--------------------

In the proud tradition of Sword Metal, I proudly present to you SWORDLORD`S HOUR OF POWER this Saturday, 10/09 at 1:30am on ROOT OF ALL EVIL on KFAI. Listen by radio or listen via internet (http://www.kfai.org/).

I promise to play one hour of non-stop sword-swinging, vocal-howling, face-melting, guitar-screaming, bass-thundering power metal! Expect to hear BLIND GUARDIAN, RHAPSODY, EDGUY and many, many more. I can *promise* you that you will hear some stuff you like and some brand new stuff that I've brought back from ProgPower 5 in Atlanta. It's going to be a killer set!

Well, the show went from 1:30 to about 3am. Nathan played Theocracy as the last song, and he went with Ichthus. He said how great the band was and labelled them as "white metal". The normal host of the show (who spends all his time playing up the devil aspect of metal) says, "Or as I call it, everlasting life metal". I like that!

crimson sacrifice said:
It's cool to see Theocracy playing in my area, (although I didn't hear it, cause I wasn't up at 3 am.

Ask and ye shall receive! It is archived on the KFAI site:

http://www.kfai.org/kfai2/audarch.htm
Click on Root of All Evil
Click on "most recent show" (after Sat. 16th, you'll have to click on "previous show")

Nathan's show starts about 32 minutes into the clip. By my estimation (I can't get the clip to work on my PC, so I can't check), Theocracy should be about 2 hours and a few minutes into the clip - it is the last song that Nathan played, so if you hear host Earl Root alone, you've gone past it. The talking about the band is after the song.

Wampa said:
Ask and ye shall receive! It is archived on the KFAI site:

http://www.kfai.org/kfai2/audarch.htm
Click on Root of All Evil
Click on "most recent show" (after Sat. 16th, you'll have to click on "previous show")

Nathan's show starts about 32 minutes into the clip. By my estimation (I can't get the clip to work on my PC, so I can't check), Theocracy should be about 2 hours and a few minutes into the clip - it is the last song that Nathan played, so if you hear host Earl Root alone, you've gone past it. The talking about the band is after the song.

Theocracy starts at 2:03:44. Sounds good! That's cool that there's still a radio station in existence that doesn't have to beg ClearChannel to play something not on the "list." Hooray for good music on the radio! :hotjump: