There is a TROJAN on the EG Website

Thorn23TX

Marked By The Triangle
Jun 16, 2005
Dallas
My antivirus popped up an alert and cleaned a trojan that appeared when I visited the Evergrey website just now... anyone else have that problem recently?

McAfee VirusScan Enterprise 7.1.0 is the software that alerted on the trojan. I looked in the logs for the exact message/trojan, but unfortunately I could not find it, and I'm not wild about opening the site again just to get the name. :)

Edit to say that it was the main page (http://www.evergrey.net/index2.php) that apparently has the trojan on it.

What the heck, hm. I don't get any messages so let me see what the heck is going on with this sucker. If someone gets a reference to the trojan name/file name in question please post it. I am wondering if it is a false positive being triggered by something on there.

i 've got infected by trojan...i suspect that comes from EG site cause i visited it severeal times before seeing this topic..
my avast tells me that i have trojan..but i can't kill it...i press delete but announcement keeps goin' and goin'...how to kill this ulysses's piece of crap?

My NIS 2006 found this as well, just said "Downloader" type file & that it was a virus! It was quarantined & deleted! NIS RULES!

Perhaps the webmaster needs to check the firewall on the server(s)s for this site, & any other security on it, before this asshole crashes the site on EG! Not to mention infecting the systems of all the visitors to it!

i check the EG page about three times a week, and this was the first time today that Norton blocked an intruder. since i am a complete noob im not able to say if it was a worm or something.. :lol: