There's no way this can't rock...

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
Right?

RUSSELL ALLEN/JORN LANDE Album Details Revealed - May 19, 2005 Frontiers Records has announced the details surrounding "The Battle", the new album featuring SYMPHONY X's Russell Allen with MASTERPLAN's Jorn Lande.

With songs written by LAST TRIBE and STARBREAKER guitar sensation Magnus Karlsson and with the production of the Scandinavian studio wizard Anders "Theo" Theander (PAIN OF SALVATION, LAST TRIBE, URBAN TALE), the two monster vocalists for the first time unite their talents in a fabulous record that seems to be forged in the fires of mayhem.

Since 1995, Russell Allen has been the singer of the American prog-metal band SYMPHONY X, which has released six studio albums and one live CD. Current MASTERPLAN vocalist Jorn Lande has a vocal capability that is world class, distinctive, rich and spanning a large range. As such, the man is in high demand since he has guested or sung for such bands as MILLENIUM, ARK, THE SNAKES and many others. He is also a well known solo artist with three albums under his belt, beginning with his 1999 debut, "Starfire". Cover artwork for the Allen/Lande album was specifically designed for this project by none other than Rodney Matthews, the legendary painter who created MAGNUM's "On A Storyteller's Night", DIAMOND HEAD's "Borrowed Time", ASIA's "Aqua" and "Arena", PRAYING MANTIS' "Time Tells No Lies" and many others.

The album shall be released in Europe on September 19 on Frontiers Records, with a Japanese release to be confirmed soon. Preview the exclusive MP3 sample of the title track, "The Battle", at this location.

sixxswine said:
Frontiers usually goes through Cleopatera as their distributor. I imagine it will be within a week or two from the Euro date? I hope. I'm sure we'll know more in the upcoming months...
I hope so too :hotjump:

Well, I don't like getting older, but wished I was a few months ahead..this indeed must rock !!
Also the cover art is interesting, as the cover of Diamond Head's Borrowed time is my alltime favorit cover...

Usually The End carry Frontier titles. And everything with Jorn aboard is pure gold, so I'm sure this one will be a neat album to watch for.

Cool! I'd heard talk of this disk about 6 months ago, but nothing since... so I was wondering if it had been shelved. I wonder if they're gonna be switching off songs, or if they'll actually have both singers on the same songs? Hopefully the second case!

I've BEEN pumped for this as it's been in the works for a while. I prefer Russ over Jorn, but they are both great. And now that I know that Magnus is on guitar makes it even sweeter! If you don't have the Starbreaker album, get it. Tony Harnell sings on it and it is awesome. One of my favorite albums so far this year.

Burn the Sun is awesome.

I have been one of those that has been waiting for news about this project. Both singers are great! I am gonna get this as soon as it has been released!

As for ARK's "Burn The Sun"; one of my favorite albums! Very divers and in some places, dare I say it, even original! The first ARK album is also good but the second one, "Burn The Sun", is where they really shine.

Can this year get any better?

kittybeast said:
Supposed to be in the triple digits this weekend. Looks like sunny southern california will get Summer early! :hotjump: SURFS UP!

Than its too bad carnut and me are not living in California. Not that that state would be my first choice if I moved to the US...

carnut said:
There's room for some weather improvement :)

Too late the rainy season already started :yuk:

But yes the year CAN get better. Coroner can reform and record a new album in the vein of "Mental Vortex" :D

Wyvern said:
Too late the rainy season already started :yuk:

But yes the year CAN get better. Coroner can reform and record a new album in the vein of "Mental Vortex" :D
wait wait wait....are you just wishing or is there some actual chance of this happening? :confused:

#1_Droogie said:
wait wait wait....are you just wishing or is there some actual chance of this happening? :confused:

Wishing, but it CAN happen, it will PROBABLY doesn't :cry: