Therion

Godhead59

Dim Sam
Jun 6, 2006
Harlequin Forest
I've been listening to some Therion lately and man, do those guys (and gals) amaze me.
They seem to evolve all the time, and to tell you the truth, I didn't really dig their early death-metal stuff; heavy as it may be, I didn't really like the growling.

My current favorites are Theli, Vovin, Sirius B & Gothic Kabbalah. Very atmospheric and epic.

I am DEFINITELY getting a ticket for their show here in Israel on August 30th.

What do you guys think of Therion? Please Discuss :)

^ don't bring up melody and atmosphere when defending heterosexuality

my favorites are Ho Drakon Ho Megas through Vovin
I wasn't defending it, I was trying to see where his reaction was coming from - and yeah, FUBAR, I'd say it's catchier than their previous stuff, though it doesn't take away from its awesomeness. Hell, Adulruna Rediviva must be one of their finest songs.

This band keeps getting better and better every time I listen to them. So far I've just listened to Gothic Kabbalah, Deggial, and The Crowning of Atlantis, and Gothic Kabbalah is my favorite so far.

Never really got into Therion. I prefer Hollenthon.

I like Therion alot but I agree Hollenthon is pretty killer. Theyre much more death metal though they just have some epic orchestration thrown in. He says he wasnt a huge fan of the growling so he might not like Hollenthon all that much either. If you do check them out start with "With Vilest of Worms". Thats the most like Therion I think, I havnt heard all of thier Cds though so Im not sure.

Beyond Sanctorum is an all-time classic, and the other two early full-lengths are well worth owning as well. Their later material is absurdly unambitious, considering its basic premise. Boooooorrrrrrrriiiiiiiinnnnnng!

I like Therion alot but I agree Hollenthon is pretty killer. Theyre much more death metal though they just have some epic orchestration thrown in. He says he wasnt a huge fan of the growling so he might not like Hollenthon all that much either. If you do check them out start with "With Vilest of Worms". Thats the most like Therion I think, I havnt heard all of thier Cds though so Im not sure.
They're pretty fucking awesome. I actually kind of liked the growling, they're a bit more varied than most other death metal bands I heard, I hate it when the growl sounds like a monotonous gurgleburp.