Thin Lizzy Jailbreak

sixxswine

rockandrollazine.blogspot
While I have listen to Lizzy a number of times, I hadn't ever owned any of their cd's. Today I came across a copy of Jailbreak for $10.00. Couldn't pass that up.
I'm familiar with the record & it's great. What other records would you guys & gals recommed by them?!
Thanks in Advance,

I've only got the "Dedication" compilation, which I really enjoy. Lynott was a great bass player and had a really unique vocal style.

I'm not sure why, but I used to hate "The Boys are Back in Town" with a passion when I was younger. I've since come around & recognize it as a really excellent song. "Dancin' in the Moonlight" is one of the best ballads ever... I played it at my wedding.

SickBoy said:
Definitely "Black Rose -Roisin Dubh"
An album of pure masterpieces...

You are right. Fantastic album with Gary Moore on guitar!

Others I can recommend:

Live and Dangerous [1978] released in the year I saw them live.

Chinatown [1980] with Snowy White on guitar.

Thunder and Lightning [1983] with John Sykes! excellent album!

I never liked "Bad Reputation" [1977] and "Renegade" [1981] much. I found both album lacking in conviction and power. But I know quite a few people that do like those albums.

I can never find any of their albums besides Jailbreak (Great album, "Cowboy Song" is a classic). I really want to get "Thunder And Lightning", and some material with Gary Moore.

Live and Dangerous gives a great cross section, and is a great album all the way around. It has tunes ranging from the metal-ish Massacre and Emerald....to a cover of Bob Seger's Rosalie....to the good 'ol hard rock of Don't believe a Word....to the ballady Still In Love With You....

Bad Reputation is also good, as are the titles mentioned above by others. Thin Lizzy is often overlooked, but awesome. Phil was the man.

sixxswine said:
While I have listen to Lizzy a number of times, I hadn't ever owned any of their cd's. Today I came across a copy of Jailbreak for $10.00. Couldn't pass that up.
I'm familiar with the record & it's great. What other records would you guys & gals recommed by them?!
Thanks in Advance,

Sixxi you are MY BRO for sure! "Jailbreak" was my first Thin Lizzy album, bought used in vinyl (and still own it) and up to this day is one of my favorites, not to mention the fact it has 'Emerald', the best song ever by the almighty Liz IMO.

I recommend do as I did :D

1. "Johnny The Fox"
  2. "Thunder And Lightning"
  3. "Bad Reputation"
  4. "Chinatown"
  5. "Black Rose"
  6. "Renegade"
  7. "Fighting"
  8. "Vagabonds Of The Western World"
  9. "Nightlife"
If you want the first two is mostly because of completism, I have them but I'm a huge fan.

The live albums are almost as mandatory, great, great stuff:
  1. "Alive & Dangerous"
  2. "Live/Life"