Thin Lizzy

All I've heard are their big hits, stuff like 'Whiskey in a Jar' and "The Boys are Back'.
I know they influenced bands like Metallica quite a bit, and didn't they write 'The Small Hours'?
I'm gonna get some of their stuff for sure, love that artwork I saw on the bio.:cool:

killer band. it definatly is a different time period but that is the great thing about music it is timeless. i seen that behind the music also and thought it was great.

Fuck, someone else listens to Thin Lizzy today? :) A great band, I have a few compilation albums, Thunder And Lightning, Chinatown, a couple of the older albums and a live video from '83. I think Thunder And Lightning is the best album, although many seem to disagree. "Heart Attack" rocks! :D I like the older albums too, but haven't listened them much lately. Guess this thread is making me nostalgic again...

Oh yeah, and "The Small Hours" is a Holocaust song. The only song Metallica has officially covered from Thin Lizzy is "Whiskey In The Jar".

Well actually the song is covered from The Dubliners who has dips on the song. Thin Lizzy covered Whiskey in the jar as well.
Try audiogalaxy or limewire or something like that and see how many bands actually have made a cover of Whiskey...