Things you love about England

Andy_2003

Dec 16, 2002
Shiteville
Visit site
the language, the music, which is probably the best thing, bands like anathema, pink floyd, porcupine tree, the history, london, the north west.. manchester, lancashire, the lake district, liverpool, fish and chips, sunday roasts, football, the peak district, the comedy, the great TV, what else?

I'm biased towards the British Isles, I have an idealistic picture of England, oh, England, my Lionheart, so everything. I haven't even been to England yet, hehe, maybe when I have I'll have a more nuanced set of ideas.

yeah, well the centre's alright, but i was thinking more about the people and all the good stuff that's come out of the place, comedians, musicians, and that

Kate Beckinsale

bust.gif

haha, yeah there are some weird girls here with strange facial expressions, the food's not bad but most of the best is foreign food, of course, Chinese and that. There's a multitude of accents here, I can only hope I hide my silly accent when I talk!

What's there to hate about England? Well the people from London can get nasty and The Weather sucks often and then there is the pound (if you're converting from american cash, you'll understand me.) But anyhow here goes my list - Samuel Smith's Bitter, English Ale (in general), Walkers crisps, Fish and Chips, Accent, the all too exciting History, Britcoms, my dying bride, anathema/antimatter, old paradise lost, the quaint english towns and country, sexy female british accents, well preserved historical sites, tea and so much else.

yorkshire moors and dales, the west-coast, exmoor, dartmoor, the new forrest, peak district, lake district, fountain abbey, castle howard, the sheep, the many huge trees...
avebury, lower slaughter, cambridge,