Think one of my KRK's just took a shit :(

guitarguru777

Nov 13, 2003
Las Vegas
www.jasonconstantine.com
The KRK on the right side of my setup has developed a buzz in the tweeter. I have disconnected all cables thinking its a group loop and its not, its comeing from the speaker itself.

I have tried 4 different outlets, power conditioners, and even plugged directly into a HUMX and its still present.....

Any idea what it could be??

I've read a lot about faulty KRK's, especially in the Rokit range. Mine recently screwed up too, and I even took it in for repair and they couldn't find the issue. Take this oppourtunity to upgrade, the RP5-8 aren't accurate at ALL anyways.

Look for a replacement tweeter. What model are these? I would imagine that it would be difficult to destroy self-powered monitors. I ran my Rokit 5's cranked all the way up for like 8 years and they still work flawlessly.

Man, take it to an electronics tech. Mine burned a few months ago and a local tech repaired the whole burned mainboard / transformers in one day. So i guess your problem is a lot easier to deal with

Also, I actually got one of my KRK's looked at recently. There was a problem to where eventually one of my speakers had to be at full volume to be equal to the other at 25% volume. Had a tech look at it and he couldn't do shit. Plus now there's a static.