Thinking about buying a new guitar..

Magicawe

Carnivorous Jesus
Apr 7, 2002
Visit site
I want one that wont sound like shit when you down tune it (to stuff like B) and i dont want a fucking 7 string. The guitar should also preferably come in left handed cuz im left handed if not i can just re string it. I want a guitar that I can do alot with sound wise. It should look pretty good but if not thats alright too. I want a guitar that can shred without sounding like crap and can play good on the high notes as well as the low notes. Suggestions on what type of guitar is good for this are welcome..... preferably in the 1-1000$ range

Nothing wrong with 7-strings man. Just depends how you use them ie Korn sounds shit, Steve Vai and john Petreucci on the other hand. With a good amp they sound great but you really have to buy an expensive on the get the goods. As far as good cheap guiotars go I have an Epiphone Flying V 1054 Korina re-issue which I love. Cost me about $200 US ($400 Australian) used. It's great for me. I play it more than my 7-string but only because I don't play much heavy stuff. Ultimately I want a Paul Reed Smith CE24 or a Parker Fly Jazz though. Not to mention a Gibson Chet Atkins CEC electric acoustic. Need some more $$$ for that shit though.... :)

For a great guitar review database go to www.harmony-central.com and follow the links to user reviews and product reviews by manufacturer. There is heaps of them there so it would be adviseablt to have something in mind before you look though.

Cheers

Paul D.