Thinking about selling my desktop for a laptop...

JayB

Oct 10, 2009
open.spotify.com
I'm think of selling my custom PC and just getting a decent laptop. I have two questions: I will list the specs of my custom PC and a link to the laptop I am looking at, and I'd like to know if they are least comparable in specs (I checked and I know at least the processor is better than my desktop). Secondly, I'm wondering how much you guys think I'd actually get for my PC (and if anyone wants to make an offer to buy it, I'm all ears.)

Ok, so here's my PC's specs/parts.

Apevia X-Supra Case G Type Black Mid Tower Case
Corsair 8GB Dual Channel Corsair DDR3 Memory for Intel Core i5 Processors (CMX4GX3M2A1600C9)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66Ghz Socket 775 CPU
EVGA GeForce GTX460 SE 1 GB GDDR5 PCI-Express 2.0 Graphics Card 01G-P3-1366-TR
Intel DP45SG Socket 775 Motherboard
Windows 7 x 64
2 Seagate 750GB Serial ATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-3G (2 of them)
Samsung DVD burner/drive
ULTRA LS500 500W ATX POWER SUPPLY

That's most of the main parts I think. Altogether, I paid probably $1,200 for everything in it. Some parts are new (all RAM brand new, as well as brand new graphics card and hard drive) , some are from when I built it in late 2009.

Now here's the laptop I'm looking at.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004KNVK84/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER[/ame]

So what do you guys think? Are they roughly the same as far as performance? The graphics card is probably a bit worse on the laptop, as I just bought the desktops's new Nvidia card, but as long as it can do Pro Tools etc well, I'll be happy.