Thinking about selling my triple recto..

-Loco-

Knives.
Apr 17, 2009
I'm considering it because i cant drive it hard enough without it gettin' ridiculously loud. It just sounds too fizzy for me. Played a 6505 combo and fell in love so i think if i keep my 4x12 mesa cab i think 6505/5150 is what i'm after! am I making a big mistake? I'm not satisfied with any tone im gettin' through impulses/quietish micing - just doesn't seem like its worth keeping if i can't crank it.

Yeah, thats the problem i can put up with a reasonable amount of volume but not an insane amount. What i liked more about the 6505 was that it felt like there was more tone to control whereas with the recto, regardless of how much mid you have in it it'll either sound too muddy or scooped but that might be because i cant crank it. It'll be sad to see it leave though as its my first tube amp but i can't afford to keep it.

My amp is a U.S import with the american internal transformer so it needs a step down transformer for it to run in the u.k - i'm selling mine with it.

They're going around £2000 new in the u.k(Source - gak.com)
so £1400/1500 a reasonable price?(inc the transformer)The tubes were stocked about a year ago i'd say they have another year or so left in them and the amps had a full service check my a mesa tech i know.