Thinking ahead to 2008....

A shame they're going to be starting out in the US opening for Lacuna Coil. I still hope they're doing some other dates besides half of the LC tour since they likely will be missing the northeast leg of it. I can easily see them selling very well in NYC, Boston, Montreal, & Toronto on their own. While I'm really excited to be seeing After Forever this year, Within Temptation is probably the one other act that would have made me even happier had you been able to get them. I always thought it was stupid of them to not attempt any real negotiating with you. They have enough of a pop sound that they could be as big a band as Evanescence in the states.

Jibrille, you hit the nail right on the head. That is why WT is/was afraid of trying to do business with Glenn. Their mgmt. sees PP as too narrow a focus, which might peg them into an "underground" status, thus, no possibility of hitting hit big in the US in THEIR eyes. Hence, they would rather open up for LC and the mallkids as they see that as a realistic stepping stone rather than headlining PP.

Peace,
Ray C.

A shame they're going to be starting out in the US opening for Lacuna Coil. I still hope they're doing some other dates besides half of the LC tour since they likely will be missing the northeast leg of it.

Honestly, I think it's very appropriate that WT is opening for LC over here. WT is very popular overseas like Glenn has pointed out, but over here they're pretty much unheard of. Lacuna Coil has a fairly substantial following here stateside. As a loyal fan of both bands I can't wait to see them both on the same tour.

~Brian~

Honestly, I think it's very appropriate that WT is opening for LC over here. WT is very popular overseas like Glenn has pointed out, but over here they're pretty much unheard of. Lacuna Coil has a fairly substantial following here stateside. As a loyal fan to both bands I can't wait to see them both on the same tour.

~Brian~

Oh, I totally am aware of what they're doing. What I meant is that I would just rather be able to see them with a headlining set. Not a max of probably 45 minutes.

Oh, I totally am aware of what they're doing. What I meant is that I would just rather be able to see them with a headlining set. Not a max of probably 45 minutes.

Well, In my opinion, Within Temptation could've blown up after The Silent Force release over here if they had any backing at the time. That disc was my favorite of that year. Hopefully, Roadrunner won't turn them into a complete Evanescence clone, but we'll see.

~Brian~

No Particular Order:

Showcase:
Steel Attack
Gaia Epicus
Warmachine
Division

Friday:
Power Quest
Heavenly
Power Symphony
Pegazus
UDO

Saturday:
Axel Rudi Pell
Twilightning
Dark Moor
Edenbridge
Cage

holy jesus. I had no idea Within Temptation was so sought after.

edit: Venom, I'm not familiar at all with The Gathering, so I can't comment on that.
The Gathering have been around for years and have tons of records out.

First of all, my list is all in good fun as I'm really looking forward to this years PP. I apologize for some of the repeats, but these are bands I have never seen and this year will be my first PP. Next year wishlist:

Showcase:

Pagan's Mind
Elvenking
Cloudscape
Aghora

Fri Night:

Symphony X
Brainstorm
Wintersun
To-Mera
Eternal Tears of Sorrow

Sat Night:

Nightwish
Amorphis
Circle II Circle
Scar Symmetry
Skyfire

Edit: I know alot will disagree with this, but I just did it for fun.

Barring price, popularity, trying to avoid a lot of repeats that I couldn't easily see otherwise, a list of bands I'd love to see (too lazy to split it up):

Ayreon
Demons & Wizards
Within Temptation
Orphaned Land
Apocalyptica
Haggard
Tarot
Ensiferum
Dragonland
Tyr
Lunatica
Fairyland
Diablo Swing Orchestra
Dark Empire

I'm light on the prog but I haven't been listening to much lately.

Hell,I'd just love for Suspyre and Silent Edge join the PPUSA family,and I would love Barlow back with Iced Earth with a kick ass show with PPUSA(yea I know fat chance in hell :( )

Can I play as well?

Here comes my predictions (OK, OK it is a wish list):

FRIDAY:

Jon Oliva's Pain
Brainstorm
Riverside
Fairyland
Krucible (Glenn's "Thank You" to Shane for this year's Showcase)

SATURDAY:
Tarot (Nightwish should be on some rest break here)
Seraphim (Yes, Glenn will bring in the Taiwan Symph-power masters)
Twilightning
Akercocke (Your oddball: Progressive death metal in business suits)
Edenbridge

SHOWCASE:

Raintime (Gets the same deal Freak Kitchen got)
Beautiful Sin
Odin's Court
Suspyre

OK, I got my GHI paid up. On with the lynchings!

Peace,
Ray C.

Can I play as well?

Here comes my predictions (OK, OK it is a wish list):

FRIDAY:

Jon Oliva's Pain
Brainstorm
Riverside
Fairyland
Krucible (Glenn's "Thank You" to Shane for this year's Showcase)

SATURDAY:
Tarot (Nightwish should be on some rest break here)
Seraphim (Yes, Glenn will bring in the Taiwan Symph-power masters)
Twilightning
Akercocke (Your oddball: Progressive death metal in business suits)
Edenbridge

SHOWCASE:

Raintime (Gets the same deal Freak Kitchen got)
Beautiful Sin
Odin's Court
Suspyre

OK, I got my GHI paid up. On with the lynchings!

Peace,
Ray C.

Seraphim and Akercocke would really be cool..the rest of your list looks great as well.

an Orphaned Land return would certainly be fucking AWESOME. How about some Timeless Miracle in the mix? And I can't believe I forgot Persuader.. though, I think I'd rather see Dark Empire on stage.

Lots of good lists and bands, but I'd love to see Therion and Orphaned Land back in 2008. It will have been the required 3-year interval for both. :headbang:

I put Orphaned Land on mine but left off Therion because I REALLY hope they'll be touring the states. There's at least more chance of them being back here w/o PP than Orphaned Land.

I put Orphaned Land on mine but left off Therion because I REALLY hope they'll be touring the states. There's at least more chance of them being back here w/o PP than Orphaned Land.

After the last debacle they called a "Tour"? When they had more rats at a Manhattan Taco Bell than Therion had in Portland? Kristofer Johanson has sworn up and down, "Never again" to a USA tour, So, unless they do a "one-off" it aimt happening.

peace,
Ray C.