Thinking Rationally

AndrewPGlover

Nov 28, 2009
TL;DR Warning...

So over the holiday weekend, I have been reformatting and reinstalling everything on my computer. I mentioned a few months ago that I had been experiencing lagginess and errors in both Pro Tools and Logic so I decided to trim all the fat and get down to business. I have a project starting Monday the 27th, so I figured I'd give myself a few days so I wasn't just staring at my computer hour after hour.

I started with removing my old system drive and installing a new 1TB drive in two partitions. The first partition was for my OS, Logic and PT9, nothing else. The other partition was where I would put all my plugins.

After days of installing each SDX and EZX I finally got ready to boot everything up and Digi Core Audio driver wasn't working. Looked online and I had updated too far beyond support of their 8.0.3 driver.

Thankfully, I knew I could backtrack to the first version of Snow Leopard without wiping everything out, so I did. THEN 10.6.2 wouldn't install. I freaked out, reset my computer a half a dozen times, and no luck, it just wouldn't budge.

So, reluctantly, I did a fresh install, wiping out days of work and starting back at 10.6.0. Again I tried 10.6.2, no luck. FUCKKKKKKKK!!!!!!

Now if you have a brain that functions better than my own, you'll point out that it would be worth trying to go linearly and use the 10.6.1 update and see if that would work. However, in my sleep deprived, bah humbug driven angst I was unable to think so clearly and have thus wasted hours upon hours of my life.

Sorry for the long pointless rant, but I guess it serves a purpose to say. "Always look for the next logical step"

I've just finished installing the Superior and Avatar, my Logic installation is much more limited and I don't have the plethora of drum samples that I thought I would have in a perfectly organized beautiful fashion, but at least I will be ready for my session tomorrow. Nothing will be held up, but boy do I wish I could've just slept or sat on the toilet with all the time I wasted. I now think I understand the "FUUU" phenomenon, because this shit blows.

I don't remember, but when I googled the message I had no results which is probably the source of why I freaked out. I'm almost done installing Metal Foundry though, so I'll be able to do the project with no delays, just massive headaches.