This coming Monday's...

Oakenson said:
If it's something folk and/or Viking I will flip!

Tell me more of this Viking stuff you speak of. What bands would fall into the Viking catagory?

I am a guy at New Mexico State University, but right now im in madrid. in sept ill b in the US, thats why I cant wait to see the next band! its gonna be at 3 am for me! no prob, thats before I go to bed... I hope its freedom call. They are anouncing some festivals and it would fit perfectly a #4 or #5 slot...

javier

FatesFan said:
Tell me more of this Viking stuff you speak of. What bands would fall into the Viking catagory?

Well, some of the most popular Viking metal bands at the moment are Moonsorrow, Thyrfing, Falkenbach, Asmegin along with a variety of others, too. Bathory got the whole thing started, with albums such as Hammerheart and Twilight Of The Gods. Bands like Thyrfing and Moonsorrow devloped the sound further, by adding folk instruments and melodies (especially Moonsorrow, and recently Turisas). I'd have to say it's my favorite genre, overall. I'd suggest the following albums if you're interested still (in the other they appear):

Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja
Ensiferum - Ensiferum
Turisas - Battle Metal
Thyrfing - Urkraft
Asmegin - Hin Vordende Sod & So

If you check out these albums and enjoy them, I'd definitely then suggest looking more into the "underground," as it is said, for bands like Manegarm, Equilibrium and the like.