this is for all the metallica haters on this board

Legion-ofthe-Dead

New Metal Member
May 4, 2003
CA
Visit site
i dont see why you guys hate metallica so much. so waht black album wasnt up to par with justice and brung about bob rock(wish he wasnt there but oh well) then load and reload(i mean they took the METAL out of metallica) but still werent bad albums, they just werent METALLICA, more like LICA. why cant they come back to there roots for St. Anger, Testament did. i remember when i picked up Ritual, i was disapointed that chuck wasnt screaming anymore, the riffs slowed down, and i mean they had radio songs(return to serenity, electric crown) then they went the totally different directoin than metallica went from Black, instead of sticking with the "slow down happy stuff" they went full out death metal with low and demonic, and not many people likedd it just like Load/Re-load. But then what do i hear, that Testament was going back to there thrash roots with the Gathereing, at first i didnt belive it after i heard demonic, but what the hell i bought it and SHIT, it was fucking agg, thrash and death was the NEW TESTAMENT, and i loved it. so did most all other testament fans. so why cant metallica do it. i think everyone should just stop bitching about it and wait till Stt. Anger comes out, you never know, they could just have made a masterpeice, i mean the songs are long, heavier faster, AND, theres a new instrumental, something they havent done since ...AJFA, so long live metallica, and lests just leave the shitloads in the past

Legions...I don't think you understand the magnatude of the disapointment Metallica's most loyal, old school fans have experienced. Not only in the above mentioned piece of shit 3 albums they put out...but in the attitude transformation the guys have gone through. Testament did ONE mellow album and it was right back to thrashin' Low and Demonic kick ass! Testament has NEVER done a shitty mainstream song like Sandman or Nothing Else Matters (god I hate those two songs!)

You're just reading YEARS of disapointment from some hard core old school fans. The reason I am skeptical about St Anger is simple, Look at the bill for the "summer Sanitarium" tour...pretty scary if ya ask me. Then you've got Lars doing interviews and talking about how the new Limp Dick is really great stuff and it's really heavy!

I hope you are right and it's a killer album...I would love to hear some good Metallica again someday...

Are you sure your name isn't "Pyrus" ? HAHAHA
lol.gif

Legion,

Comparing Testament's Ritual and Metallica's Load is liking comparing apples and oranges. Load was mainstream and every 14 year old high school girl owns it. As for the Ritual: even when I play Return To Serenity the distant, sorta transe like vocals spook out chicks.

I think every band is allowed to do whatever the hell they like. Look at Dark Tranquillity's Projector. They had loyal fans booing them at concerts for a while. Then they made Haven and everyone was like, "DT is back...it was all just a horrible nightmare". For me, Metallica is dead. They don't have it anymore. If they followed the black album with something just slightly heavy I woulda given them another chance. They are not the same band millions of us fell in love with. James doesn't have the angst in his vocals, Kirk is into the blues, and Lars needs to get off his high-horse. If Metallica from 1985 met Metallica from 2003 in a bar they would probably scrap. They have become everything they were against!

Every band can make a good comeback any time, but if St. Anger isn't the comeback we'v hoped for, those chances are slim. It's gonna be heavy as shit; that is confirmed, but I really hope it's gonna BE shit just because of that.

Metallica was the first metal bad I ever got into, I've had a good time with even their TBA classics: Enter Sandman, Sad But True and The Unforgiven. I've had some great time with Master of Puppets, I was overwhelmed when I bought it. So I still have faith in Metallica, because I beleive if you've done something once, you should be able to do it twice, although it may not be so easy then. I am going to buy St. Anger, that's for sure.

Legion-ofthe-Dead

Can´t say I hate Metallica, if St. Anger is as good as some say then Metallica only have to release two more good albums before a lot of old fans and metalheads are proud to call themselvs Metallicafans again. I never liked the SONGS on The Black Album and the following albums but that doesn´t mean they can´t write good songs, it was just that my taste in music is a different one and I think a lot of metalheads agree with me on that one. To me Load was just some lame hard rock record (others might love it though). And Lars comments about hating Limp Dishit and then going on tour with them makes me sceptical about this whole St. Anger hype... yes it might be heavy... but so was Cannibal Corpses "Vile" and I don´t automaticly consider that a fantastic record. I´ll wait for Metallica to release the damn thing before making up my mind about it.

Epica said:
Every band can make a good comeback any time, but if St. Anger isn't the comeback we'v hoped for, those chances are slim. It's gonna be heavy as shit; that is confirmed, but I really hope it's gonna BE shit just because of that.

Metallica was the first metal bad I ever got into, I've had a good time with even their TBA classics: Enter Sandman, Sad But True and The Unforgiven. I've had some great time with Master of Puppets, I was overwhelmed when I bought it. So I still have faith in Metallica, because I beleive if you've done something once, you should be able to do it twice, although it may not be so easy then. I am going to buy St. Anger, that's for sure.

I agree

MindInsane said:
Legions...I don't think you understand the magnatude of the disapointment Metallica's most loyal, old school fans have experienced. Not only in the above mentioned piece of shit 3 albums they put out...but in the attitude transformation the guys have gone through. Testament did ONE mellow album and it was right back to thrashin' Low and Demonic kick ass! Testament has NEVER done a shitty mainstream song like Sandman or Nothing Else Matters (god I hate those two songs!)

You're just reading YEARS of disapointment from some hard core old school fans. The reason I am skeptical about St Anger is simple, Look at the bill for the "summer Sanitarium" tour...pretty scary if ya ask me. Then you've got Lars doing interviews and talking about how the new Limp Dick is really great stuff and it's really heavy!

I hope you are right and it's a killer album...I would love to hear some good Metallica again someday...

well i never compared LOAD and ritual, it was more like Black and ritual, otherwise yeah, we all know that lars is a horses ass, not many people like h im, and fuck limp dick and shittin park, cause i couldnt give a damn if they tour with em, james himself said, that he didnt have to like the bands he toured with, he just wants to tour, but i wish theyd go and tour with some fellow metal bands from the thrash era, such as exodus and testament, and hell, i think we could all dream that mustaine gets better and they tour together, but when hell freezes over ill be at that show. and yah im hoping for a good album form metallica, iwasnt too happy with the loads, i mean it was good music, but it wasnt metallica, so lets all pray that St. Anger rekindles fans to metallica, i know im not the only one that wants St. Anger to kick ass

Ok i guess i havent fully stated my "Metallica stance" so here goes...

(But i would like to preface this by saying that this *IS* a Testament board.... and im going to serously irritated by how many NON testament threads are posted here laitly....

but anyway.... 1: i could give a flying fuck about Metallica 's immage... good or bad i never care about a bands immage.

2: i listen to all types of music (yes even classical) if i like it i like it.

3: The reason i DONT like anything passed the Justice for all album... Is because its not metal/ and its not good

4: metallica never was the best thrash band or the greatest metal band ever imo... they were OK just OK... some of there songs used way to many reused riffs... they never were technical and i thought lars and hammet were below average in skill.

iv been listing to metallica sense i was about 8 years old... so i think i have formulated an accurate oppinon (at least in my inturests)

so there you have it...
and to people who are allready calling people "st anger haters' thats so retarded.... you can dislike/ not enjoy an album and not be a "hATER"

its all a matter of taste... facts still stand that metallica hasnt made a metal album in over 10 years and i highly dbout this is a metal album.

... ok are we done with metallica allready?

anyone care to talk about the new testament album or are none of you testament fans like me...

they went full out death metal with low and demonic, and not many people likedd it just like Load/Re-load

Wow what kinda drugs are you taking sir?

Low == Death metal ? hahah wow are you totaly insane?

first of all neither albums are death metal but let me get to why low isnt death metal first.
low is comprised 100% of thrash riffs! there isnt even hardly any growling (not that vocals style determins weather or not its any type of metal)

WAke UP metal is determined by THE MUSIC, the riff styling, speed's(not allways but can) and most of all the structure/ composition of the song

Thrash metal is Rythem / Lead.... Allways! Death metal is Rythem/rythem then Lead/Lead

death metal is also composed in drasticly different ways then thrash metal
death drumming is vastly different from thrash drumming.... thrash drumming is beat intensive... death is coutnerbeat/ or fill beat/ or comibinations of boulth (also called blast beat)

and theres much more (read music reviews on the subject if you dont belive me)

cus if music was determined by how often a vocalist decied to grow/ grunt then 0 (the band) Death would be death metal (AnD THEY INVENTED IT)
and bands like Static X (featured growling during songs) pantera (growled ) and Faith No more (some growling) Would be death metal.
AND THERE NOT!

oh and btw the Gathering is pure thrash metal also...

Demonic is a bit of a mix but not a mix of death metal... eric used some black metal style compositions (notice only some) and a bit of influence is noticed (he admits hes a black metal fan note dragonlord) so its Small portions influnced with black metal (get this black metal also has growling)
but its still mostly Thrash metal.

but lets get to the facts, a large portion of metal fans Liked LOW
low is 100 times better then LOAD
and a decent amount (probably half ) liked Demonic (I know i did)
alot better then ReLoad

so if you really wanna stack the new album St Anger agaisnt The Gathering (laughs) ok but its your band that u like's funural

and btw mark my words St Anger will be less thrash metal then the gathering. just wait and see.

i know man, i never said that those albums, i just said that they went in a totally different direction, justl like load reload, but instead of going rock, like metallica did, they went even heavier and faster. i happen to think many songs of demonic and low, are some of testaments best stuff, such as distorted lives, demonic refusal, low, dog faced gods, hail mary etc. so im not saying anything about how thrash St. Anger will be, im just saying, lets give em a chance, cause ithink all of us here would like to see a new METALLICA album not another LICA album, so im a huge testament fan and dont get me wrong, i love all of there albums, i just dont think everyone should judge metallica cause of the non metal albums, lets se ewhat they can do, i thought that Frantic, actually was a damn good song. but that just my opinion

Ok, i've been silent long enough. I can't speak for everyone else, but this is my position on this Metallica thing.
First off Load and Re-Load are HARD ROCK, not METAL. I do not like these albums much, not because they are non-metal, I mean i love hard rock,but because it's just low-quality hard rock. As for the Black album, i have no problem with it, good, but not great. It's not their sell-out album, as people say it is, it's still metal, not THRASH, but it's still heavy metal. If they were to sell out with that album, it would be full of Nirvana-esque shit, which it isn't. Load and Re-Load aren't sell-out albums, either. It doesn't sound like anything like the mainstream of that time, save for small little alternative rock influences, but it's mostly classic rock-type stuff, though. So, i don't think that they've sold out with their music...yet, but we'll wait and see.

But I do think they did sell-out, in just about every other way, though,but recently. Remember a couple years back when they went out on tour with System Of A Down, Kid Rock and Korn? How about when they sued their fans, even they insist that they are for the fans, first and foremost... that is bullshit. And how about their next tour,hmm? Limp Bizkit? Linkin Park? Deftones? Mudvayne? I think the ol' Metallica boys are gettin' alittle money hungry, don't you think? If not, they would tour with lesser known metal bands, or with old buddies like Anthrax or Exodus and give them a piece of the spotlight, but oh, they would get much more money if they went out on tour with mallcore acts! So, yes i think they have sold out, but just in the past few years or so. Metallica's integrity is gone and will never come back.