Limp Bizkit is the WORST BAND ON EARTH; Metallica still kills

Lies and Perfidy

Gentleman of the Road
Nov 27, 2002
Washington, Washing-Ton
thefinger.wordpress.com
Just went to Summer Sanitarium last night...as the title suggests, Limp Bizkit is quite possibly the WORST MOTHERFUCKING BAND EVER. My friend Casey and I arrived just before their set, took our seats, and flipped them off for the next 75 minutes or so. Do any of you know what the world record is for continuous holding up of one's middle finger? God, those fuckers were awful. They started playing the Master of Puppets intro, and every real metalhead in the place fucking lost...I heard booing and cursing everywhere. Then they kicked into that wretched cover version of Sanitarium. Someone needs to execute Fred Durst for blasphemy. Absolute shit. Unfortunately, a lot of people seemed to be into them...fucking disgrace to the Bay Area.

Metallica, on the other hand, played fantastically...much better than the first time I saw them. They had a lot more energy, and James's voice was in great shape (though he was kinda hoarse by the end). They played the same setlist they've been playing all tour, which I'll post if anyone cares...one of the highlights was opening with Battery/Master of Puppets, both of which fucking SLAYED. Frantic sounded really good live with a real drumset and better vox, but St. Anger was just as wretched as it sounded originally. No Remorse was fucking KILLER...but they cut it short! No "ATTAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!" bit...that was the biggest disappointment of the night. Still a great song. And Blackened...one of the best songs of all time, in my opinion, and they shredded it. I'm geting a little sick of them closing with Enter Sandman, but that's a good live song, so it's all right.

So yeah, Metallica can indeed still hold it up live. I mean, I wouldn't have PAID for this (75 bucks for one band...nah), but I'm very glad I went. We were stuck pretty far in the back of the floor, so it probably wasn't the most fun I've had at a concert, but it was definitely one of the best performances I've seen. I talked to a guy in a Kreator shirt for a while, and he turned out to be Will, the drummer from Vicious Rumors. He put Casey & I on his mailing list and promised to send us some CDs and shit, so basically, we went to Metallica and MADE money. Good times.

But I FUCKING HATE FRED DURST...argh, that was one of the worst things I've ever sat through. I hope he gets AIDS and dies next time he fucks his sister.

My friend went all the way to Seattle to see the Sanitarium, and he said that he had a good time, he skipped Limp Bizkit to go drink beer of course.

i know my friend Will went to the Philly Sanitarium and he said altho Limp Bizkit does suck, Metallica wasn't playing good... they skipped solos and other parts from One and other songs... but i personally wasnt there so...