Lima Peru
www.geocities.com
1 Metallica ST. Anger
2 Megadeth Risk
3 Metallica Re Load
4 Metallica Load
5 Celtic Frost Cold Lake
i voted st anger why ?
just listen Some kind of monster from 2:07 to 2:28 or Shoot me Again thats heavy metal??¿??¿¿?
wth is full of nu metal no solos, awful sound and they are trying to imitate all the bands with succes today, korn, system of down, linkin crap, the hives, queen of the stone age, where is metallica ?¿:OMG:

Wow, is that Stun ??? HAHA
lol.gif
All we need now is Pyrus to say that and we have an official NU-Metal Metallica bashing thread !
lol.gif

BTW -- Voted Load since I don't have Stanger yet.

St anger by far...at least risk had decent production...but then again, you can't polish a turd can ya? I've been downloading one song at a time off of St Anger...and every one of them is just plain sub par...and like someone said on another thread...it sounds like Lars is playing drums on plastic garbage can lids...good analogy by the way:loco:

It is just too hard to pick from that competition- Load, Reload, and St Anger are equally horrible. I'd say it's a tie between St Anger and Reload- at least Reload sounds as if they spent some time on it.

Still, there are many, many CDs by metal bands that are dreadful- especially the new wave of numetal bands- Linkin Park, Murderdolls, Mushroomhead, Disturbed, Staind- Marilyn Manson all their cds are horrible. I cant think of all the really bad thrash bands- or even worse the really bad Hair metal bands.

Cold Lake!

Every other choice I knew to stay far far away from. Damn it I bought Cold Lake when it came out because it was Celtic Frost. How could it be bad? Warrior you bastard...

speed said:
Still, there are many, many CDs by metal bands that are dreadful- especially the new wave of numetal bands- Linkin Park, Murderdolls, Mushroomhead, Disturbed, Staind- Marilyn Manson all their cds are horrible. I cant think of all the really bad thrash bands- or even worse the really bad Hair metal bands.

One key flaw in your argument: nu-"metal" isn't metal.

And hair bands own you.

Why couldnt they just give And Justice For All the production of the black album? Picture Dyers Eve with that kinda production on the double bass. The machine gun riff in One with a HUGE THICK guitar sound. To Live Is To Die with the production of nothing else matters...wow. Oh well.

Oh, It has to be Death's Symbolic. No, wait, you didn't say best, did you? Umm... the worst was probably Reload. Load was a piece of shit in its own right, but then, they proved that they were dumb enough to make another one, and then admitted that it was just leftover crap from the first one. How could it get any worse than that?

On the subject of Risk, it was garbage, but I liked a 3 songs (had to try hard to reach that point though). Same with Load.

St Anger, I think is horrible.

Risk has Crush 'Em on it which is one of my fave Megadeth songs :)

Cold Lake has some ok moments :)

Its funny being on here these days. Before the new Metallica came out there were a lot of people backing them saying that it sounded like they were returning to the old sound. Now that its out....all those people are in hiding. It's funny. St. Anger is absolutely dreadful......from beginning to end. What happened to actual song structure?? Or riff writing for that matter. At least load and reload could have passed for decent rock records if they were recorded by someone else. St. Anger is just a terrible terrible album. Crappy production(to say the least), horrible songwriting, crap lyrics....hell even retarded artwork. :ill: :ill:

DepthCharge said:
Its funny being on here these days. Before the new Metallica came out there were a lot of people backing them saying that it sounded like they were returning to the old sound. Now that its out....all those people are in hiding. It's funny. St. Anger is absolutely dreadful......from beginning to end. What happened to actual song structure?? Or riff writing for that matter.

My belief had always been that these people were fucking posers who'd never heard a true Metal album in their lifespans...my mates irl who like the new album (all two of them), their opinions range from "it'd ok but not as good as the old stuff" (from a guy who loved everything they did up til now) to "the riffs are the only good thing about it" (from a guy who likes...this that & the other)....I think the writing is generally on the wall: ST ANGER IS A BAD ALBUM. You disagree, go back to your Poison, Warrant, Linkin Park and The Sweet :p

speed said:
It is just too hard to pick from that competition- Load, Reload, and St Anger are equally horrible. I'd say it's a tie between St Anger and Reload- at least Reload sounds as if they spent some time on it.

Is Mushroomhead considered Nu Metal? They have a sorta Faith No More meets Pantera sound IMO. Anyways, different strokes for different folks.

I voted for Load because when I bought that CD I was so pumped. I remember hearing Metallica talk about that album before it came out like it was gonna be the next big thing. Listening to that album the first time I couldn't believe what I was hearing. That was the end of Metallica for me. The dorky short haired guys that call themselves Metallica right now are commercialized Lala-palooza version of the band they used to be. Some people call them liars, but I think they just wouldn't know good metal metal if it bit them in the ass.

Speaking of shitty albums...has anybody ever heard of Bal Sagoth?