What's your worst Metal cd of 2003?

Xalon Niles

Metal/Super Sentai Fan
Dec 22, 2001
Parts unknown.
hometown.aol.com
(Nu)Metallica: $t. Anger is the worst cd of 2003 because of the Nu-Metal Influnces like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park in the music parts also because they where trying to copy Inferno-era Entombed-style of singing but James doesn't have the god L.G.'s style at all.

If St Anger was Linkin Park influenced, it would actually be highly melodic, dumbfuck. St Anger is anything but melodic.

Worst album is the new Arch Enemy. But then again you can't expect much from cock rock with growling over it.

id have to say the new Nevermore simply because the production sucks on it...i really like the songs but the static pisses me off when i play it on my car stereo

im just nitpicking really...i havent bought much thats come out this year so i cant say

There wasn't any luck in me not buying St. Anger - I knew from the start that I was gonna check it out before even thinking about the purchase.

There aren't as many bad CDs out as there are boring and uncreative CDs...

Yeah said:
If St Anger was Linkin Park influenced, it would actually be highly melodic, dumbfuck. St Anger is anything but melodic.

Worst album is the new Arch Enemy. But then again you can't expect much from cock rock with growling over it.

St.Anger is still the worst shit of 2003, Shittallica lives on \n|n/

Type 0 Negative - Life Is Killing Me does absolutely nothing for me. What's this talk of "going back to the roots" 'n stuff?! This is far worse than Worlc Coming Down already was.

I agree that this is the worst Nevermore album and was not worth the wait. However, I don't think its a bad album at all and is still good.

As for the other guy saying the new Arch Enemy sucks. I think the Anthems of Rebellion is better then Wages of Sin, but neither is as good as Black Earth or maybe even Burning Bridges. They aren't as heavy now, but still make good death metal.

Chasm said:
id have to say the new Nevermore simply because the production sucks on it...i really like the songs but the static pisses me off when i play it on my car stereo

im just nitpicking really...i havent bought much thats come out this year so i cant say

Chasm said:

Static?! Wtf? Haven't noticed anything like it. Good thing too, as I really enjoy the album. One of the best of 2003, next to CoB, imo.

Yeah said:

~So basically what you're saying is that Linkin Park and Metallica are better than Arch Enemy? Who's the dumbfuck now? Signs point to you. Let's hear your band's album!

Yeah said:

if anthems is the worst album you own then you need to get some more cd's you fucking moron. what a joke of an answer seeing as how this album is 100000 times better than 99% of what is released in the underground scene.

Devy_Metal said:
if anthems is the worst album you own then you need to get some more cd's you fucking moron. what a joke of an answer seeing as how this album is 100000 times better than 99% of what is released in the underground scene.
haha god i pity you.

St. Anger is the most bizzare album ever released by an established metal act.
I don't have the hatred for it that many people do and actually like some of it.
Its just disapponting but has a certain energy that the Loads did not.

Iron Maiden have released yet another album that sounds the same.
Metallica tried and failed.
Iron Maiden are simply dull.
Dickenson sounds sooooo cheesy at times.

st. anger, hands down.

arch enemy AOR - in all due honesty, the album has its moments, but it was just a weird album, in a very neutral way. honestly, i was hoping for arch enemy to the exception from the in flames clones the Metal community have so many of, but, it was a minor let down.

Other disapponitments:

Soilwork-Figure Niumber Five
O.S.I.-Office of Strategic Influence
Strapping Young Lad-SYL (based upon Devin's progression, I don't think he can make Strapping YOung Lad music anymore. Not that SYL was bad, but it didn't sound like Strapping Young Lad. At least DTB will more than likely be in my top 10 of 2003).