This is funny!

Okay,
having been to 8 Big Day Out's(92,93,94,95,96,97 at Moore Park,01,02 at Homebush) i have to say that the security arangements for this year were pretty ordinary.By the way,i thought last years security was the best i had ever seen of all the BDO's.I had no idea until the next day that Jessica had unfortunately been killed in a tragic accident in the moshpit!

I understand the reasons for brining in the D-barrier set up but i think it probably made matters worse especially when Sytem of a Down came on...i still can't work out why people (75% of everyone there wanted to watch SOAD (having to queue up for 2 hours in 35 degrees temperature to try and get in the gate to get in the front moshpit).Fortunately for me i wasn't all that interested in getting right down the front for any of the bands but i did watch the situation from the grandstand.Security refused to open the gate after the previous band finished and for about 10 minutes there was a crush to get into the front moshpit adn then of course a few people jumped the barrier between the "moshpit" and the second barrier when they realised that those at the gate weren't being let in.In the end security dragged a few peolple out but all sudden everyone on the 2nd barrier realised that if they all jumped the barrier at once then security would have no hope!!!All of a suudden about 1000 people jumper the 2nd barrier and they were into the front moshpit (i think security maybe got about 50 out of 1000 people...Of course during this time,all the SOAD fans who had done the right thing and lined up for 2 hours to get into the front moshpit area got shafted bacause when everyone jumped the first barrier,then the security refused to open the gate to the moshpit......the closest i have even seen to a crowd rioting...inthe end(about 30mins later) tehy eventuallyy had to open the gates and try and get people inside......having watched all this from the granstand,i was expecting to read in the newspaper the next day of the trouble that occurred during SOAD.Instead,all i heard about was how much improved security was on the previous year
Maybe the media should spend the whole day there instead of just showing upat the first sign of trouble!!!