This is why it take a special breed of human being to want to be in a touring band 2

...as I wait to hear why it's so difficult to get on the road and go watch a show 2 hours away.

I'm kind of in the same boat as dcowboy. If a show isn't in Columbus, then it usually means I have to drive to Cleveland. For me, that's almost a 3 hour drive, and having to be at work at 7 in the morning - makes for a very short night. Weekend shows aren't a problem - just have a hard time going to a weekday show unless it is someone really special.

First off, for all the lame ass brony jokes, kindly kiss my ass. Thanks.

Secondly: AngraRULES, why the hell are you attacking me? Your explanation of the Columbus market confirmed some suspisions I had. Living in the capital city of a state, one would think the turn out would be better. The smartass remarks aren't needed.

And you want to know why I can't go to Cleveland to see a show? I've been unemployed for 2 years and am borderline disabled. Bands making $10 a day while touring have more money during the month than I do. I could afford a local show and be able to sit at the venue, but the cost of gas plus the actual traveling make out of town shows not possible. Does that answer you question?

Secondly: AngraRULES, why the hell are you attacking me? Your explanation of the Columbus market confirmed some suspisions I had. Living in the capital city of a state, one would think the turn out would be better. The smartass remarks aren't needed.

And you want to know why I can't go to Cleveland to see a show? I've been unemployed for 2 years and am borderline disabled. Bands making $10 a day while touring have more money during the month than I do. I could afford a local show and be able to sit at the venue, but the cost of gas plus the actual traveling make out of town shows not possible. Does that answer you question?

Oh please, if you can't take the heat change your avatar. It's like someone prancing around a forum with some furry fetishism of Sonic the Hedgehog as the avatar getting mad at jokes too. It may as well be a bullseye.

Second of all, sorry to hear about all of that, but you bitching hyperbolically that bands don't play your doorstep isn't going to change how you go to shows (nor by the way, does it have anything to do with this thread). Bands don't pick and choose which markets to play it. If you can't make the show for these reasons, I'd like to think you have much higher priorities than shows to attend to before even thinking about them.

Wait, wait, wait...

Where the hell did I attack you? I will be happy to quote my own posts so we can all see exactly what I said TO you or ABOUT you. Ready? Here we go:

What, are you serious?

Believe me... there's a good reason why there's not that many shows in Columbus. Turn out is never the greatest, that's the bottom line. A lot of time, promoters and bands ended up losing money trying to put a show there. Want an example? I am in the middle of booking two awesome progressive-power metal package tours for the next few months. Ohio will have a stop for both tours. I checked in Columbus to see if anyone was interested, but the response was the same.. "for some reason, fans don't show up to a lot of the metal shows around here."

Usually "when you're ignored over and over again", you're NOT REALLY BEING IGNORED. This is a business, and as such, it has to make sense for the parties who are putting their money on the line. Now, if you want to try to put together a show in Columbus, let me know. Maybe you can be the game changer in your town.

Plus, why is it that you don't have the ability to go to a show in, say, Cleveland, which is only about 2 hours away?

Ok, I don't see any attacks there. Next post:

DemonOfTheWoods and eppst1 simply corroborated my statement about the Columbus, OH area. Thanks guys. I would love to hear what Rockbox1590 has to say now, as I wait to hear why it's so difficult to get on the road and go watch a show 2 hours away.

Again, no attack there... Simply me saying that those other two guys know that I'm not just saying shit out of my ass... I work with this for god's sake. Now you're being a bit too sensitive. The attacks (which to me were the little brony jokes) didn't even come from me!! So what the hell are you talking about? I didn't attack you NOT EVEN ONCE. So cut the crap. All I asked you was why it was so difficult for you to go to a show. You FINALLY just answered. It's a completely valid reason, I don't blame you for not making it to a show. Thanks for clearing it up, and I'm sorry about your situation.

If you want to seriously have any control or say in a band you like playing your town, the best way to do it is to find out who promotes shows in your area and ask them to get in touch with the band's booking agent. Not whine about it on a forum. Asking the band is pointless as well.

If you want to seriously have any control or say in a band you like playing your town, the best way to do it is to find out who promotes shows in your area and ask them to get in touch with the band's booking agent. Not whine about it on a forum. Asking the band is pointless as well.

Can we somehow make this a law that EVERY metal fan in the world should abide to? :lol: