This just in: Cannibal Corpse doesn't tour w/ shitty bands for the 1st time in years

Palabra de Dios

Heavy Metal Weatherman
Mar 22, 2005
St. Joseph, MO
From Blabbermouth.net:

Florida-based death metallers CANNIBAL CORPSE will hit the road for a 17-date run in November with support from DYING FETUS, VITAL REMAINS and DEVOURMENT. The trek will launch on Friday, November 5 in Wilmington, North Carolina at The Soapbox Laundrolounge and will wrap on Monday, November 22 in Asheville, North Carolina at The Orange Peel.

The dates are as follows:

Nov. 05 - Wilmington, NC - The Soapbox Laundrolounge
Nov. 06 - Spartanburg, SC - Ground Zero
Nov. 07 - Birmingham, AL - Zydeco
Nov. 08 - Memphis, TN - New Daisy Theater
Nov. 09 - Nashville, TN - Exit In
Nov. 10 - Lexington, KY - Buster's
Nov. 11 - East St. Louis, MO - Pop's
Nov. 12 - Des Moines, IA - People's Court
Nov. 13 - Grand Rapids, MI - The Intersection
Nov. 14 - Madison, WI - The Annex
Nov. 16 - Columbus, OH - Skully's
Nov. 17 - Williamsville, NY - Infinity
Nov. 18 - Cleveland, OH - Peabody's
Nov. 19 - New York, NY - Santos Party House
Nov. 20 - Philadelphia, PA - Trocadero
Nov. 21 - Washington, DC - DC Rock & Roll Hotel
Nov. 22 - Asheville, NC - The Orange Peel

I, for one, am actually a fan of Cannibal Corpse. I also think that Vital Remains is way more awesome than anything Benton did with Deicide, and Devourment is an underrated death metal band by a scene flooded with mediocrity. Worth checking out for any fan of death metal, I'd say. And hey, you don't have to snooze through bands like The Faceless or Despised Icon!:Spin:

I was at the Corpse/Hatebreed/Unearth/Hate Eternal show here last year and I really enjoyed myself. Was right up front for the three supporting bands.

I've only seen Cannibal a couple of times. The first time was in 2004 with Hypocrisy, Exhumed and Vile. That show was a total blast (no pun intended).

I like Vital Remains but their music has a hard time coming across clearly in a noisy live setting. I saw them play a small club here with Monstrosity and it was really just OK (Monstrosity had a much clearer sound presentation). I'd get more enjoyment out of listening to them on CD in a distraction-free setting. Their drummer was some whiz-kid who looked like he was 17. I think there is going to be some mad arthritis epidemic among death metal drummers in the coming decades as today's tech-maniacs and blasting beasts get older.

Benton doesn't do vocals for Vital Remains live shows and Devourment is awful :/

would have rather seen the tour with Hatebreed.

I beg to differ concerning Devourment, they have one of the most brutal live shows i have ever seen. Check out youtube, devourment, saratoga billiards..

Why would you like to see Hatebreed (hardcore band) on a death metal tour???:Spin:

I beg to differ concerning Devourment, they have one of the most brutal live shows i have ever seen. Check out youtube, devourment, saratoga billiards..

Why would you like to see Hatebreed (hardcore band) on a death metal tour???:Spin:

meh I've heard enough Devourment records in my life. Seeing them live won't change anything.

Diversity on tour packages is always nice. Don't wanna hear blastbeats for 4 hours. Also 'Satisfaction is the Death of Desire' is one of the greatest hardcore records ever.

meh I've heard enough Devourment records in my life. Seeing them live won't change anything.

Diversity on tour packages is always nice. Don't wanna hear blastbeats for 4 hours. Also 'Satisfaction is the Death of Desire' is one of the greatest hardcore records ever.

You have never seen a band live and changed your opinion on them?? Hard to believe...

No shitty bands? What thread am I looking at then? Corpse is pretty much the equivilant of White Lion/Winger/Warrant from the 80's! :lol:

...sorry Palabra, but it's time for some of us to dish out some of your own medicine.:zombie:

~Brian~

Well, this band does play metal. Although, a very tongue-in-cheek and streamlined version of gore-infused death metal of which they were one of the innovators. I don't know what it is, but when I read along with the lyrics sheet at many Cannibal songs, I just have this big grin on my face, like the first time a kid reads comic books. It's goofy, but it's still cool, ya know?

And as for diversity at a metal show...meh. I don't care to see a power metal band on this tour. Maybe a good thrash band, okay. But certainly no hardcore moshers or some deathcore bullshit. Just four quality death metal bands (although Dying Fetus kind of annoys me sometimes) playing high energy sets.

Should be an ear-ringing good time.

No shitty bands? What thread am I looking at then? Corpse is pretty much the equivilant of White Lion/Winger/Warrant from the 80's! :lol:

...sorry Palabra, but it's time for some of us to dish out some of your own medicine.:zombie:

~Brian~

Except that Cannibal Corpse isn't at all not metal like those bands, and you still like Five Finger Death Punch. I win.:heh:

Blabbermouth said:
Florida-based death metallers CANNIBAL CORPSE will hit the road for a 17-date run in November with support from DYING FETUS, VITAL REMAINS and DEVOURMENT.

And where are the non-shitty bands out of those 4? :lol:

Vital Remains is good...they just can't keep a consistent lineup.
Dying Fetus is fun but they get old kinda quick.
Corpse has released some of the most classic DM albums of all time.

I didn't ask that as if I were stating a fact. I'm not a fan of any of those bands. I understand that Cannibal Corpse has released some of the most classic albums in the death metal scene. However, I'm not a fan. To me, the music isn't very good (and I love a lot of death metal), therefore my joke.

There's no need to post something coming off as a metal professor. ;)

Brian, I'm surprised you don't like Devourment. I've heard some of the guys in the band are kind of dicks, but I think that they put out some of the best slam-riff brutal death around. Molesting the Decapitated is such a fun album.