This just in: Cannibal Corpse doesn't tour w/ shitty bands for the 1st time in years

I didn't ask that as if I were stating a fact. I'm not a fan of any of those bands. I understand that Cannibal Corpse has released some of the most classic albums in the death metal scene. However, I'm not a fan. To me, the music isn't very good (and I love a lot of death metal), therefore my joke.

There's no need to post something coming off as a metal professor. ;)

if ya don't want people responding to yr posts, why even bother posting in the first place?

if ya don't want people responding to yr posts, why even bother posting in the first place?

That wasn't the point of my post. I was basically letting you know that I know the bands and simply don't care for them. I guess you have little to no sense of humor. The "professor" comment was basically to get a laugh out of you.

No need to be an asshole, dude.

I do not know which band sucks more, Cannibal Corpse or Black Dahlia Murder? If they both toured on the same package....Geez, I do not want to think about that catastrophe. This lineup is hideous enough. :lol:

I do not know which band sucks more, Cannibal Corpse or Black Dahlia Murder? If they both toured on the same package....Geez, I do not want to think about that catastrophe. This lineup is hideous enough. :lol:

One band is a classic death metal band, the other is a completely derivative band that still can't really stop sucking the teat of At the Gates' Slaughter fo the Soul.

I know which one I choose.

I've never agreed with the perception that BDM is fixated on Slaughter of the Soul. I just don't hear it. Yes the BDM guys are big fans but none of their albums sound like Slaughter, (or any other ATG album). I'll agree with the part about them being boring.

I don't agree with that, either. Heh. To me they are basically a youthful take on the modern U.S. death metal sound. The Gothenburg sound is an influence on them, not the core of it.

In fact, I also don't agree that Slaughter of the Soul "exemplifies" the Gothenburg sound. A popular export from that scene, yes. The most representative of it, I disagree. (ATG's three earlier albums are closer examples IMO. Not to sound like a mouthpiece for the A.N.U.S. guy(s) here, but by the time of Slaughter, ATG had basically stopped being a death metal band.)

If you claim they became a thrash band, I think we are just gonna continue to disagree. I know the shifted to using more Slayer-infused drums (at their own admission), but those riffs are pure melo-death.

yeah I love CC too Palabra but your championing of Devourment is strange. Those guys whilst at the top of the slam death movement completely suck in my eyes. No catchiness just complete sickness. Another thing I've seen CC live twice and it was completely boring and I love them on record, but live they really bored me although watching Alex wreck his neck is always fun. Btw I only really like the new modern incarnation of Corpse as well, the Chris Barnes era is mainly crap in my book with a few good songs. The Corpsegrinder era is when Corpse started becoming good IMO which is probably sacrilege to long time CC fans.

yeah I love CC too Palabra but your championing of Devourment is strange. Those guys whilst at the top of the slam death movement completely suck in my eyes. No catchiness just complete sickness. Another thing I've seen CC live twice and it was completely boring and I love them on record, but live they really bored me although watching Alex wreck his neck is always fun. Btw I only really like the new modern incarnation of Corpse as well, the Chris Barnes era is mainly crap in my book with a few good songs. The Corpsegrinder era is when Corpse started becoming good IMO which is probably sacrilege to long time CC fans.

I am hardly a "champion" of Devourment, I just don't think they suck. They were at MDF a couple years ago, and I thought they played quite well. And the Decapitated album (which is really the only album of theirs I have) is one I can say I enjoy.

I am hardly a "champion" of Devourment, I just don't think they suck. They were at MDF a couple years ago, and I thought they played quite well. And the Decapitated album (which is really the only album of theirs I have) is one I can say I enjoy.

One of the most brutal bands around hands down....when i hear the name devourment, i think fucking brutallity:headbang: