This makes no sense...

I always thought the sizes in America were off. If you go to a large retailer like Sears, Walmart or Target all you see is clothes for obese people. There are more double and triple X sizes than anything else.

Most bands sell more XL and XXL in North America.

It's all a marketing thing. Make people feel good about themselves and they'll be more likely to spend. You may not think that but there are loads of people out there who do.

Most bands sell more XL and XXL in North America.

It's all a marketing thing. Make people feel good about themselves and they'll be more likely to spend. You may not think that but there are loads of people out there who do.

True, it's called "vanity sizing" go to a tailor and get a dress/suit made (they still work with "old" sizes) you'll be shocked at how much retailers have rigged sizes over the years :heh:

Edit link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vanity_sizing

H&M has sold tons of clothes that way in the Uk- In their sizing system most people can squeeze into a smaller size. And you won't believe how many fall for that ploy.

I bought a shirt in the US recently and a medium was almost too big for me whereas normally I wear a large confortably....I was more offended than flattered lol