XL t-shirts

_Transparent_

May 29, 2001
London, England
Visit site
so whats the link between metal fans and um, bigger people, i just wonder since whenever you want a band t-shirt theres only XL available :mad: , im quite lucky im tall enough to make it look alright, but some of my friends can't buy em as they are too big. so why arent there smaller sizes? (yeah i know you can buy smaller ones off the net, but not at concerts)

Yeah, the big shirts are a drag...but I usually see it as, at least they're available. Then that awesome guy, Life, came to town and told us he may be able to get us some smaller shirts. So, that's cool. I know, you can't have everything the way you want it. I would think that they'd at least always have XL, L, M and S at shows available. I mean, like you said, metalheads do come in all shapes and sizes. Maybe it's just cheaper to get all one size. Large ensuring that everyone will be able to fit them over all the fat heads...and boy are their some fatheads out there!

:p

Yeah I can get away with XL 2 :D But I think its cos then everyone could in theory buy one - people are more willing to wear a tshirt that is too large than one that is too small! Do u know of newhere in Camden that u can get opeth tshirts Transparent? Cos I looked and couldn't find newhere!

Originally posted by godisanathiest
Yeah I can get away with XL 2 :D But I think its cos then everyone could in theory buy one - people are more willing to wear a tshirt that is too large than one that is too small! Do u know of newhere in Camden that u can get opeth tshirts Transparent? Cos I looked and couldn't find newhere!

:lol: :lol: :lol: , thats like saying can you find a Limp Bizkit fan that knows about metal. I'll go through the bands clothes catalogue in Camden:

Limp Bizkit
Linkin Park
Slipknot (getting a bit less popular, now theres only 4 box loads of their stuff in shops instead of 5)
SOAD
Baggy trousers (madness sing along time)
and anything else thats nu-pop

I think theres only decent t-shirt shop there, and the best thing i saw there was A Perfect Circle top. oh well, the only thing now is The Underworld and resurection records i dont really go into the other shops anymore.

so you see godisanathiest, you shouldn't be too jealous about me living near Camden, oh except for the fact opeth are playing there, and that other band, whats their name, um, that welsh one you know, um whatever they are :loco:

I completely agree, whenever I see a shirt I want it is always in XL, it gets quite annoying.

Originally posted by _Transparent_
so you see godisanathiest, you shouldn't be too jealous about me living near Camden, oh except for the fact opeth are playing there, and that other band, whats their name, um, that welsh one you know, um whatever they are :loco:

Thats a great reason to be jealous.... I'd love 2 c Catatonia live ;) :loco:

The business reason for XL-

Bringing a truckload of various size shirts to a show to sell would make no sense - how would you know how many S/M/L etc sizes to bring? You want to reduce leftover inventory, so a fire sale won't be necessary. You get the best coverage by bringing a size all can at least get into - plus most people know a cotton t-shirt can be shrunk. (godisanathiest already brought up this point)

OK - enough of the CPA bullcrap - so I swim in my concert T's - I'm 5'11", but only 160. A large size at best. And why $20 for a stinking t-shirt that doesn't really fit? Can you say sucker?