This may be old news.. but Kral leaves mercenary...

nailz

Nov 11, 2002
San Francisco
Visit site
From mercenary.dk ... How sad to read, knowing they're coming back this year.. I'm utterly crushed by this news. I hope Kral stays metal in everything he does :kickass:

We are sad to announce that founding member Henrik "Kral" Andersen has informed us that he no longer wants to be a part of Mercenary. What might come as a big shock to everyone outside the band has however been apparent to the band for some time. That said we feel it’s important to state very clearly that we part ways as the best of friends and we all wish Kral the very best in his future life and pursuits.

Kral will always be a part of the Mercenary family and we thank him first of all for joining us all up in the band through the years, as well as for the lots and lots of cool, fun and unforgettable times. Kral is expected to give a statement shortly.

The split has in no way affected the recording of the new album since the rest of the band have been working on the new material during the last couple of months in Kral’s absence. All vocals (including shouts and screams) on the upcoming album will be done by Mikkel who is also responsible for lyrics this time. Furthermore the split will not affect the upcoming touring schedule in any way.

Heard about that awhile back, and I agree that it blows, and I hope the best for both parties.